ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New Music Video and Single  (Read 18370 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
New Music Video and Single
« on: Time Format »

Just thought I'd stick this song on here since it's just out yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FtzglbXIcc&feature=youtu.be
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
Re: New Music Video and Single
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Awesome riffs there Gerry! Very catchy hook. Love the breakdown and the solo!
Where did you guys film the video?
Who's kid is that? Someone's from the band?
I was waiting for the kid to find your axe...lol
 :headbanger: :thumb-up:
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey Soloist I really appreciate that.  I know you're a great player so that's a boost for me to have that kind of feedback. (and might I add, everyone on this forum who I have heard are good guitar player, must be an ADA thing :thumb-up:)

Right first off, the kid is not anyone in the bands. He is the son of a friend of the drummers. The wee guy was so well behaved and good mannered, he really impressed me (and yes I hate to say it, but I'm not really into kids).  He was also a bloody natural. Was like he knew how to act.  Made everything easy.  Hardest thing was for us to mime to a song we could not hear properly.  We shot that video in about 5 hours.  We got lucky with the weather big time.  The final bit where the kid is surrounded in sun light, that was absolute luck!!

Second, we filmed it in a ladies extended garden, yes it was like a tiny forest out the back of her house.  Why did she have this?  Years ago her husband used to sell Christmas trees.  So he had this land for the trees.  Then he had to stop for what ever reason and the trees are no longer harvested so they form a very small wood, more like an extended garden though just with a lot of Christmas trees  :lol:

Then the second location was at the shores of Lough Neagh here in N.Ireland (it's huge) not far from the woman's garden.

You know what your idea is a great one  :thumb-up:. That would have been really cool and made the same statement. Kid gets message passed down from the elders to find heavy metal, then stumbles upon an axe and becomes a rock god!! I would not have wanted my guitar buried in those woods though, it's a cool Tokai Custom edition from 1987-88.  Used on that actual recording as well.

I am pleased with everything apart from one bit in the solo I wanted included but was left out.  No biggy  :lol:
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey RG,

mucho kudos from me as well! Great riffing and hook-lines and very fitting leads! I really dig that tone of yours....throaty with a nice array of mids and a very distinct vowel-aww-kinda touch! Keep em coming!
Can't wait to put the CD in my Stereo and crank it ;-)
« Last Edit: Time Format by Systematic Chaos »

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

That.   WAS F'ing COOL!!!     :bow:

Loved the song, loved the playing, loved the production, loved the video.   :whoohoo!:   Wow.  GREAT JOB RBotN.   Put me down for purchasing the CD.  :thumb-up:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, loved it  :thumb-up: :whoohoo!: , like Soloist, I thought he'd turn up a nice axe and start shredding LoL.  I listened/watched a couple of YT clips yesterday to hear the Jackson tube preamp, very ordinary playing IMHO, it was refreshing to hear you guys, shit hot my friend  >:D
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Wauw that was GREAT!!!!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Hey RG,

much kudos from me as well! Great riffing and hook-lines and very fitting leads! I really dig that tone of yours....throaty with a nice array of mids and a very distinct vowel-aww-kinda touch! Keep em coming!
Can't wait to put the CD in my Stereo and crank it ;-)

Thank you so much man,  I busted my balls of trying to make the album so I hope when you get your copy you are pleased with it.

This song was done using the Tokia in the video and a stock MP1 with an OD boost coming from my GT5 and two speaker impulses of which I have forgotten.  I love the tone myself, was very happy with that.

That.   WAS F'ing COOL!!!     :bow:

Loved the song, loved the playing, loved the production, loved the video.   :whoohoo!:   Wow.  GREAT JOB RBotN.   Put me down for purchasing the CD.  :thumb-up:

Thanks Kim, I produced that track and album myself.  Some people I think will see it as dated probably in quite a few aspects, but I don't care.  Really appreciate the comments.  Remember I heard your tracks secretly long before your album was done?  Well they sounded pretty awesome also.  Glad to see you got your album done also.  :thumb-up: We could swap albums if you like?  :???:

Also had good feedback and mentoring I guess you could call it from Harley on here and also MJMP.
Both of whom I thanked in the credits.  I also give thanks to the whole ADA Depot.  I learn a lot from people round here even if I don't listen or only take on-board a little info it still counts.  And more importantly everyone is supportive which is great and I feel encouraged by the things people say on this board so thanks all Depot Heads!

Hey RG, loved it  :thumb-up: :whoohoo!: , like Soloist, I thought he'd turn up a nice axe and start shredding LoL.  I listened/watched a couple of YT clips yesterday to hear the Jackson tube preamp, very ordinary playing IMHO, it was refreshing to hear you guys, shit hot my friend  >:D

hahaha thanks Richard, that would have been a great idea I think.  Oh well may be do that in a follow up?

What is this Jackson tube preamp you mention?  You just dropped that in there  :lol:?  I did that track in video with the stock MP1 and light OD boost then into some impulses.

Very kind words also man, totally appreciated.

Wauw that was GREAT!!!!

:thumb-up: cool man, glad it turned out ok in the end

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

So how can I order a CD , I WANT ONE  >:D

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

That's a really cool video Gerry :thumb-up:

It's not what I had conjured up in my mind a few months ago when I listened to the song, but it fits very well, and I like the message. Like everyone else in here, I kind of expected the kid to find an axe at the end of it too, but the video leaves the impression that he'll find his way from there.
    As I had said to you in email, I love the tone you have going, and I like the compositions I've heard you come up with. Put me down for an album too, and I'll spread it around with the metal heads in the local area.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, Soloist has bought one (Jackson JX3) (http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=1955.msg22194#new) so I googled it to check it out.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Thanks Kim, I produced that track and album myself.  Some people I think will see it as dated probably in quite a few aspects, but I don't care.  Really appreciate the comments.  Remember I heard your tracks secretly long before your album was done?  Well they sounded pretty awesome also.  Glad to see you got your album done also.  :thumb-up: We could swap albums if you like?  :???:

I love this.  Like you, I don't even care a bit if my band's sound isn't with the hip times.  I'm completely bored with all the "popular" hard and heavy stuff on mainstream radio. Doesn't do a single thing for me.   If 50 people like my stuff, I'm very humbled and happy about that but I'll never sell my soul to radio or any popular trends to make music that I don't feel.

An album swap?  You got it, my Friend.   :thumb-up:  Ours should arrive any day now (at this posting) so I'll get one out to you as soon as I can.  PM me your address.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

So how can I order a CD , I WANT ONE  >:D

ok there is a promo offer that ends today where you get album and extra stuff but you guy's may not get the orders in on time.

You can buy the album here.

http://rabidbitchofthenorth.bigcartel.com/

Nobody should feel obliged to get one buy the way  :thumb-up:

That's a really cool video Gerry :thumb-up:

It's not what I had conjured up in my mind a few months ago when I listened to the song, but it fits very well, and I like the message. Like everyone else in here, I kind of expected the kid to find an axe at the end of it too, but the video leaves the impression that he'll find his way from there.
    As I had said to you in email, I love the tone you have going, and I like the compositions I've heard you come up with. Put me down for an album too, and I'll spread it around with the metal heads in the local area.

Thanks Harley, it is very much appreciated.  Yeah the video wasn't what I had in mind for that song either but the singer came up with the idea as it's his lyrics.  I just wrote the music  ;D oh and the song title.  So it's like a religious missionary going around the world spreading the good word  :headbanger:

Hey RG, Soloist has bought one (Jackson JX3) (http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=1955.msg22194#new) so I googled it to check it out.
  I'll check that out Richard

I love this.  Like you, I don't even care a bit if my band's sound isn't with the hip times.  I'm completely bored with all the "popular" hard and heavy stuff on mainstream radio. Doesn't do a single thing for me.   If 50 people like my stuff, I'm very humbled and happy about that but I'll never sell my soul to radio or any popular trends to make music that I don't feel.

An album swap?  You got it, my Friend.   :thumb-up:  Ours should arrive any day now (at this posting) so I'll get one out to you as soon as I can.  PM me your address.
  Deal!!!

cool man it's the way to be.  To put it into perspective how out touch I am with current production trends...............I used gated reverb on a number of tracks on the snare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohhhhhhhhh such a cardinal sin these days from what I have read.  I like it, don't give a shit.  Tidied up snare reverb in a few places and did what I wanted.  Did it on toms as well for one track.  But I'm sure someone will have a pop at my use of it somewhere.  All reviews have been good so far including one review that was 8/10 but yet pretty much slagged us off for being unoriginal and not the kind of music the reviewer even likes!!!!  Some of these reviewer types have not f**king clue.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

I just ordered the limited digipack !!!!

Hey Kim how can I buy one from you?

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Hey MJMP,

you were quick!  Your order is through and all.  Should be posted tomorrow.  I will sort Kim out for digipack  ;)

As for anyone else wanting the limited pack, I have asked for a few to be set aside for you.  So when you order let me know and I can make sure you get the extra stuff.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up