ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: YOU are a MF'ing ROCK STAR  (Read 10726 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
YOU are a MF'ing ROCK STAR
« on: Time Format »

Just to be clear, it doesn't really matter what other people think of you/your playing/your band/your music, etc. What really matters is that YOU believe you're a rock star. Because you are.

Perception is reality my friends, and if you think you're a rock star, YOU. ARE.  :headbanger:

Rock on with your bad selves, keep living the dream, and spread the knowledge

Chamai

Re: YOU are a MF'ing ROCK STAR
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

i call myself the power chord rockstar coz i really can't do anything else. :headbanger:

more of a pianist and drummer.
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

i call myself the power chord rockstar coz i really can't do anything else. :headbanger:

...and yet, you're putting together the kind of guitar rigs that make all the guitar players you know turn green with envy >:D
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

...and yet, you're putting together the kind of guitar rigs that make all the guitar players you know turn green with envy >:D

+1 ;D

Chamai

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

no shame here hahah. i only live once. but i am willing to put in the time to learn a new instrument.

most of my guitarist friend be in the beginning though all my shit was outdated. they had no clue wtf an ADA MP1 was. no clue what the lexicon pcm's were and why someone would spend that much just for reverb and delays. jcm 800 don't have enough gain. and why the hell do i use a compressor for distortion. no idea about w/d/w. rack gear is a waste of room. BUT my korg pitch black rack tuner is awesome. few weeks ago we decide to get together to play some 80's hair metal. i was asked if my rig could be used.

music is pretty much the only hobby i have left after having kids and it's something my kids can pick up in the future. i wish my son or daughter will pick up the guitar so i have every excuse to pick up some more gear. Gave up  drag racing after i got married. i remembered my wife and I would attend these midnight illegal races. good times.

honestly, i find that i am more of a composer. i can pretty music be a one man band using just my keyboard. but there is no keyboard out there that can give me a nice guitar tone. it feel great recording a back track and playing some guitar over it.

« Last Edit: Time Format by Chamai »
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, I suspect your music hobby is a little less expensive than drag racing ? And a tad less dangerous LoL. Though drag racing would be lots of fun  >:D , Hmmm actually the car I bought (leased) recently (E92 2012/13 Comp Spec) might be "almost" up for that kind of thing  :dunno: .

Over the years I bought my daughter a baby taylor (ltd ed), a Korg triton le and a squire bullet strat, well now they are all in my collection so at least they don't go to waste,
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Chamai

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

it's a lot cheaper and more useful. my amps can last forever but my cars will crap out anytime and modding cars is a money pit. and i am not really into racing anymore. sometimes people do try to race my wife and myself since both our mercedes CLS and toyota gt86 are modified. I do gun it sometimes when i see other modified cars on the streets. just traded in the toyota for an acura ILX. fun car, but shit quality. not really into cars anymore, but i still love cars. after my cls dies, im gonna get a cadillac cts or something. just want something decent and have 4 doors. most i will do is probably lower it and slap on some nice wheels.

do you mod your cars???? the e92 is a M3 right?
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

......my cars will crap out anytime and modding cars is a money pit...

Yep, all done with modding cars myself.  I currently have a 75% completed Dodge Dakota Sport street/strip truck in my garage taking up valuable space.  It's been sitting in its current state of disrepair for about 5 years now, and I have no funds to finish it.  :facepalm: I can't even return it back to stock without spending more money than what I can spare.  No one wants to buy it in its current state, even at a huge loss for me.
So I guess I'll part it out to get what I can for all the performance stuff and junk the rest just to get my garage back.  :crazy:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Wow what an engine, is that a 485? how much HP has that thing?

Kim

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Wow what an engine, is that a 485? how much HP has that thing?

That "485" is just a part# or inspection# sticker or something like that from the factory.  It's a Dodge 5.2L Magnum that, with the go-fast goodies inside and out, could "optimistically" put out about 450hp....realistically should be more like 410hp. But that horsepower is also in a 2wd, short wheelbase, mid-size truck that is a lot lighter than it looks.  When it was new in '96 it was already quick enough to beat Camaros and most Mustangs on the street of about the same year. 

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

do you mod your cars? ??? the e92 is a M3 right?
No I haven't got into modding cars, very expensive pastime (albeit lots of fun I suspect), yes the E92 (Coupe) is the BMW V8 M3, 4.0L, 309 kw (414hp) 0-100kms in ~4.5 secs and also loves corners  >:D (and petrol  :facepalm: ). Looks like this attached pic but RHD
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Lot's of HP around here  ;D ,here in Belgium it's way too expensive to drive something with those kind of engines.Like for the BMW, here you pay 2032 euro/year in what we call road tax. Petrol price is 1.5 euro/liter and about 1000 euro for insurance. That's 3000 euro without driving one kilometer/mile.

Here most cars have a 1.4-1.6L petrol engine and most diesels are between 1.6-2.0L.

Kim

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Here most cars have a 1.4-1.6L petrol engine and most diesels are between 1.6-2.0L.

Well, here most lawn mowers have a 1.4-1.6L petrol engine......   :lol:   ;)

Chamai

« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

pic of my cars that i took 2 years ago. kinda miss the toyota. don't have pictures of my new car since i don't really give a shit about it

ive always wanted a M3. perfect balance between comfort and sportiness.

no tax here in canada for engine displacement.  :banana: i know my dad had to pay something like 20000 hong kong dollars a year for a 5 litre engine. and cost something like 200 bucks canadian to fill up a tank of gas.

Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

You guys have cute cars.

Here's my green machine, Buck. Slow but sure (actually, he moves pretty good for an ol' timer), like a tortoise.

2nd pic is of my two supervisors. I removed the back seat for them (and for hauling my gear)
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up