ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Midi CC control of MB1  (Read 14945 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Midi CC control of MB1
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

BTW the MXC doesn't have dip switches, only the MC-1 has them to set the midi channel.
Hey MJMP, the Quad switch as 4 dip switches (one for each button) to select between momentary or toggle (ie unlatched (active while you press it, lets go when you don't) or latched (toggles on/off with each press)).

Hey Harley, I suspect your right, something in the global settings  :dunno: I'll play around on the weekend also as I want to sus out the macros (which I've never used), not that I need them but just because they are there.
You could try a "restore defaults" and then reload the patches (don't forget to wait the 15 seconds until it says done, caught me out recently), that will blow away all the other settings.  Yeah it's good having a spare to fiddle with  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

yep the quad switch has dip switches but he MXC doesn't ,correct?

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

@MJMP,

No Sir! The MXC does not have dip switches.

@ Richard,

I don't believe it's in Global settings, I think it's in the the Pedal set up and sensitivity settings. The Global parameters are for certain settings in the preamp itself. I believe the pedal settings have to be done individually for each program.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Ok, had a good read of the MP2 manual and did some testing, I'll post in MP2 section.

peoriashows

• Dude
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

I'm late to the party here, but I've been using an MB-1 and an MXC foot controller for many years. Never used the Continuous Control, but always wanted to mess with it and see if I can control volume on stage. I've never been able to track down and ADA CCP pedal. Is there another one that can be used in place of the hard to find ADA pedal?

Hey Peter, I didn't notice the volume steps, it seemed smooth to me but I'll listen for that next time I use it.  It may be because there are 2 ways you can do the master vols.  If you use the "fixed" pallet Edit Pedal allocation (pallet 9), it operates on both tube and SS masters at the same time and also keeps their relative volumes to one another as you sweep.  Moreover, this is only taking up one pallet allocation.  The other way to do it is to assign 2 of the free pallets (eg P1 & P2), one to each master vol and assign the pedal to both pallets.  So this uses 2 pallets and may not keep the relative volumes ? and maybe then goes in the increments you are hearing ??

Hey Harley, do you have to have the parameter on in the patch so it will switch with the quad switch ?  You do with the MB1 chorus (says in the notes) but in MP2 I know I can toggle the tremolo and loop starting from off (I haven't tried chorus).

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

Any CC pedal would do.
I use(d) Roland EV-5
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

When you plug in a CCP into the MXC pedal jack the first time you should set the range (http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=2172.msg24798;topicseen#msg24798).Also when you use a CCP with the MB-1 (and for CC control the MB-1 needs to have the last/latest EPROM v2.05 (get one here if you haven't got that version http://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/miscellaneous_parts_and_replacement_tubes.htm), you have to sweep past the current setting for that parameter in the given patch to activate/grab it eg if you are controlling master vol and it's set at 6 in the patch, you need to sweep up to and slightly past 6 on the pedal for it to start to work.
EPROM version is displayed during startup.  When I was doing this I used the global master which just had to be "grabbed" on startup, then it worked across all patches, other patch parameters need to be "grabbed" on a patch by patch basis.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up