ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Midi CC control of MB1  (Read 14943 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Midi CC control of MB1
« on: Time Format »

I've been sussing out the MB1 CC capabilities (lv 2.0 or later firmware), I've posted some stuff in the  Step On It topic in case anyone's interested.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Kim »
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

vansinn

Re: Midi CC control of MB1
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Que? I have an MB-1 (actually bought from an Aussie near Brisbane), never noticed it can has CC..
(BTW, why not add url../url to urls's ;) )

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey Van, yes it has some CC capability, not sure how much I'd use it though  :dunno:

(BTW, why not add url../url to urls's) not sure what you mean ?? But I'm sure it's good and I'm happy to learn  :thumb-up:

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Fixed that for ya, R.   :)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Thanks Kim, so how do you do that ?

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Thanks Kim, so how do you do that ?

PM sent.   :wave:

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Que? I have an MB-1 (actually bought from an Aussie near Brisbane), never noticed it can has CC..
The 2.05 software gave CC.

However it's use is limited, as the amount of step you can CC throught are the steps that you programm.
It's not like you have 127 steps through each parameter.

So, for me, unusable for live purposes, but sometimes comes in handy when programming sounds. (haven't done that in ages though  ;D)
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Hey Peter, if you wanted to toggle the loops and chorus while playing it's probably useful, I used the master vol today playing, it's fine if you stay in the same patch, if you change patches you need to sweep it so it takes over for that patch etc.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Hey Peter, if you wanted to toggle the loops and chorus while playing it's probably useful, I used the master vol today playing, it's fine if you stay in the same patch, if you change patches you need to sweep it so it takes over for that patch etc.

I have to go with Richard on this one. That is one of the coolest features of the Quad switch with my MP-2. I don't have to create different presets with Chorus In/Out, or Loop In/Out, when I'm playing live. The only beef I have with that though, and it's a minor one, is that when I go to a new preset, the Loop and Chorus are always on at the beginning of it. I just have to step on both buttons to cut them out if I didn't want them on at the preset change.

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Hey Peter, if you wanted to toggle the loops and chorus while playing it's probably useful
Loops are permanently on with me, so no need to toggle them.
The chorus I only use with sounds that are set-up completely different to the non-chorussed sound, so it always also means switching to a different preset.

I used the master vol today playing, it's fine if you stay in the same patch, if you change patches you need to sweep it so it takes over for that patch etc.
Don't you hear the MB-1 audibly switching between the 20 volume steps it has?
That's what stopped me using it, swells are not really possible to do, and that would be the only reason for me to use a volume pedal.

Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Hey Peter, I didn't notice the volume steps, it seemed smooth to me but I'll listen for that next time I use it.  It may be because there are 2 ways you can do the master vols.  If you use the "fixed" pallet Edit Pedal allocation (pallet 9), it operates on both tube and SS masters at the same time and also keeps their relative volumes to one another as you sweep.  Moreover, this is only taking up one pallet allocation.  The other way to do it is to assign 2 of the free pallets (eg P1 & P2), one to each master vol and assign the pedal to both pallets.  So this uses 2 pallets and may not keep the relative volumes ? and maybe then goes in the increments you are hearing ??

Hey Harley, do you have to have the parameter on in the patch so it will switch with the quad switch ?  You do with the MB1 chorus (says in the notes) but in MP2 I know I can toggle the tremolo and loop starting from off (I haven't tried chorus).

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Hey Richard,

No, I didn't have to do anything with the Chorus on the MP-2. It is set to toggle that on and off from default. The funny thing is, when I go to a program with the Chorus set to "Off" in the saved program, it will be on when I load it. THe LED on the Quad will be off, so I have to toggle the button on and off again to cut out the effect.

Harley 8)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Hey Harley, well as you say that's not what's supposed to happen (I assume here that tremolo (B3), loop (B4) and tuner mute all work normally ?).
I need to have a read of MP2 CC now I understand it better and also work out the macros.
My initial thoughts are that it's maybe a latching missmatch issue (not the latch/momentary option in the quad switch (set with the dip switches)) but in the MP2.  This is talked about in the MB1 level 2 release notes (MP2 I need to read..), there's a global option for how the unit responds to latching (so if the chorus is staying latched when it shouldn't ???). The other thought is maybe it's a macro being triggered ? which turn chorus on ? Again need to read how macros work and what instigates/operates them, eg maybe the CC# of the chorus button is assigned to one ??  CC#s can be assigned to multiple things at the same time.
Anyway I'm guessing, but it definitely shouldn't be behaving like that.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

BTW the MXC doesn't have dip switches, only the MC-1 has them to set the midi channel.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Hey Richard,

It has to be something in the default Midi programming. Both of my MP-2's do the same thing. To answer your question, you are correct, the Tremolo and Tuner mute remain off when I switch to a new program. I think I went into it a few years ago and did some kind of edit in the Midi settings to reverse that. I can't recall off the top of my head what it is at the moment, but I'll have to look in my #2 MP-2, as that one still has the settings in it.
   That's another nice thing about having the other MP-2. If I mess up the one I'm editing, a quick hook up with a short Midi cable and a Sysex dump puts everything back in working order in about 2 seconds. Of course, I also have an Alesis Data Disc, with all presets to every Midi piece I own stored on Disc. It does the same thing but for everything, both in and out of the rack.

Harley 8)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up