ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for another guitar  (Read 2302 times)

rickeb1

Looking for another guitar
« on: Time Format »

I'd like to get another guitar that would be part of a "B" rig that I keep in another state that I travel to occasionally.  As a sort of "spare" guitar, I'd be looking at spending around $500, most likely used.  My criteria is, I'd like something with a double cutaway, 24 frets, smooth neck heal or neck-thru, Les Paul scale (I've discovered that Strat scale guitars just don't suit me well).  I play mostly classic rock, no metal, so would probably lean toward passive rather than active pickups.  I would also rather avoid any sort of tremolo system.

I've not looked for a guitar in a long time and I'm not too familiar with what's out there that I might want to consider based on the above, so I'd appreciate any suggestions you may have.  Thanks!

~Rick

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: Looking for another guitar
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Look for an Ibanez Artist

AR420 is my latest, I also have an AR200 Goldtop

Wonderful guitars, priced cheap. Necks play great, but I usually swap out the pickups

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey Rick, the cheaper PRS guitars are probably worth a look ? 24 frets will narrow the field though (and they get pretty close together with the shorter LP scale length).  MikeB and I went shopping with Mikes nephew a while ago and he bought a really nice G&L (eg http://www.bettermusic.com.au/g-l-tribute-series-ascari-gts-guitar-trans-red). It kind of ticks all your boxes, and it was a very nice guitar to play and also sounded great (he's a very happy Nephew BTW  :thumb-up: )
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rickeb1

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Dante and Richard, thanks for the suggestions, I really appreciate it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up