ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: vansinn is back!!  (Read 7225 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
vansinn is back!!
« on: Time Format »

:whoohoo!: vansinn is back  :whoohoo!:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: vansinn is back!!
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

No way...

vansinn

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Well..  rumours may have said I was dead, but I'm here to say that I've been resurrected..
At least for the now, because things are pretty much as bad as can be, financially.

Awaiting court decision next week on money to pay - unless of course I did my defense well, which I just may have.
But but but, wont be able to pay expenses by month end unless I get lots of stuff sold.
I haven't worked for 5+ years, and no income at all for 1½ years, so savings not only went bye-bye, but major negative on the credit too.

Anyways, you know the term "What doesn't kill you f*ckin' makes you stronger" ;)
I've been through problems before, so let's see if I won't make it this time too just the same.

Ok, so I basically need to sell everything I own, in order to be able to sell my apartment, in order to escape the debt slavery imposed upon us by the Powers That Be, i.e. the mighty Illuminati gang-banging banksters, who so wants the New World DisOrder.
Actually, I don't mind selling my apartment; it's probably the last year this can be done, before the next crisis, AKA 2008-II, kicks in.

But fear noth and loathe noth, my brothers - and a sister or two, for I have not lost my penetrating black humour (it's still pissing others off).
Be back tomorrow, this time with a large goodie-bag of stuff to go on a buy-frenzy about.
An maybe some juicy details about what's been cookin' or not as of late.

Yours sincerely,
Van
« Last Edit: Time Format by vansinn »

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey Van

Nice to have you back,to bad about the mess you are going thrue.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey Van, welcome back  :wave: . I have some empathy for you situation as I've spent some long spells out of work, but my longest was 7 months, so a drop in the ocean compared to what you are going through. I'd just finished digging myself out of the last 6 month stint out of work then recently became unemployed "again"  :facepalm: . Well lets hope 2016 picks up for both of us.

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Welcome back Vansinn.

Let the new Depot turn your luck around.

Peter
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

DANG. I'm very sorry to hear this

I hope Peter is right, let's see if the Depot can turn your luck around. It's very nice to hear from you, I'm very sorry for your plight. When I find myself in these  times I have to remember a couple simple thoughts that keep me centered:

• Nothing is permanent
  • All is well (regardless of my problems, the sun will rise tomorrow)

to Tomorrow  :cheers:

Chucky

• Long Live JURRRRIIIIIIE!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

OUH!!! I was exactly thinking about you VanSinn in the last few weeks...
And there you are!
So I truly have magic powers after all!!!  ::)

Glad to hear from you, even if it's stupid crappy shit!
Love you bro.
Keep your head up, after the black clouds, sun shines.
I'm a living proof of this.   :))
EMGs suck my energies.

vansinn

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Guyz, thanks a lot for having me back - I actually had to shed a droplet the other morning just because of you..

Actually, McLean told me about the new Depot a while ago over at sevenstring.org, but to be very honest, for a very long time, I felt so ashamed over not being able to keep the original Depot running that I couldn't get myself to sign up in here.

At some point, when the crap going on at the moment is resolved, I'll get the data from the original Depot poked off the old server disk.
It's not at all a straightforward job: A disk with physical defects with a windows installation, onto which is installed the first version of vmware server, which has been EOL for ages.
Onto this was installed a Linux, but incorrectly without drivers, so that it takes hours just typing the few things on the console just to be able to have access through SSH (a communications thingy).
Only then is it possible to poke the data out.

Anyways, back to my situation, I've been able to pay the expenses that started the lawsuit against me, and found the law stuff that will more than likely allow me to win the case, so that's at least something, I guess.  I'm not even using a lawyer ;)
Still very troublesome; I need to find 2-3000 dkk before months end to pay ordinary expenses, and still haven't gotten any other sold than a Mac Mini and an iPad, and those were merely for being able to pay the stuff that led to the court case.

We'll see..  Hmnn.. there's a swinger club just across the street; maybe get a job there assuring customer satisfaction :facepalm:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Hey Van, just great to have you back on board  :thumb-up: When you come up for air we can help maybe with the data recovery. I have some skills and also access to some very good IT dudes. And SC seems pretty handy in this area as well.

Good luck with the lawsuit stuff.
I know what you mean about months bills, I'm in the same boat at the moment  :facepalm:

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Vann,

It is indeed gooooood to see you back in here.

When you come up for air we can help maybe with the data recovery. I have some skills and also access to some very good IT dudes. And SC seems pretty handy in this area as well.

To be honest, I am supposed to be creating a clean installation of this forum someplace on my server, just to see if we can resolve some of the configuration errors I created when I installed this thing the first time - hey, it was a learning experience for me.

Perhaps when we tackle that, we may be able to also upload the old data from the previous Depot (wouldn't that be f'kn great?)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Uploading the old data will be an interesting exercise, I suspect the data structures are quite different so we'd have to do a bunch of mapping and conversion. Probably need to feed it through an intermediate database and massage it into usable shape.  It would probably be much easier to have 2 discrete forums, the old one read only for reference and the new one.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

It would probably be much easier to have 2 discrete forums, the old one read only for reference and the new one.

That would be a great idea if it would be possible!

DorsetRatt

« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

It would probably be much easier to have 2 discrete forums, the old one read only for reference and the new one.

That would be a great idea if it would be possible!

I think that would be the most logical approach. What software/database was used to host the original Depot forum, can the SMF conversion tools be used?
Preamps: MP-1, MP-1 Classic, MP-2, Soldano SP-77, Piranha
Guitars: Sutch Siran Headless, Palm Bay Tidalwave, ESP M-1, Gibson Flying V

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict

vansinn

« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Folks, I'm not about to go digging out the data right now; maybe I was a Bit too up-front on this..

Now, WRT data formats, indeed the old forum database was in a different format, though still in SMF format.
Yes, there are tools for converting the older format into the newer format.
When I get the data off the serverdrive, I would install the new SMF code on my own lappie, do the data conversion, run checks and stuff, pack it for upload, and of course write some guidelines on what's what and goes where..

After this, you're right, could simply host two separate forums: This the new one, and the old one as read-only.
Or reuse the old stuff, now, as stated above, in reworked state, as this contains not just the 110.000 posts but also the original 2000 members, complete with track records and all.
And from there on, add the posts from this the new one onto the old-now-turned-new-current.

All that's required for this task is.. tada.. someone with database/MySQL skills, hahaha. Cute little scripting job.. :bow: :facepalm:

The website part is easier; Dante is the man for taking the code into his magic code-weaving generator.
That is, if the original site is really needed at all; what's most important from this is all the manual files, soundclips and such.
I haven't yet clicked through everything in here; maybe all is already poked off the various wayback machines and everyones dusty containers.
« Last Edit: Time Format by vansinn »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up