ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NGD for my daughter  (Read 3896 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
NGD for my daughter
« on: Time Format »

Well go figure, I bought my daughter a baby taylor (US made limited edition), over 10 years ago.  She wasn't into it back then so it joined my collection (nice little 3/4 guitar), I recently put a new set of strings on it and set it up, it doesn't get played much.
Anyway, my daughter asked the other night if I could give her acoustic guitar lessons, well absolutely  :whoohoo!: .  So she had her first lesson today (I gave her a few lessons way back but she wasn't particularly into it then), and now she's so keen and picked it up very easily (though her fingers will hurt for a week or so LoL). So happy and proud  :banana-jazz-smiley-emoticon:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MikeB

Re: NGD for my daughter
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

:banana-guitar:
That's cool, man. But it's a singer we want, not another guitarist.  :facepalm:
I don't feel tardy!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

It'll be a while before she's ready for a band LoL, although the black bullet strat is hers when/if she wants it, and I'm pretty sure I have enough stuff to build her a nice ADA rig  >:D . But lets see where it goes.  I'm trying to think what nice easy acoustic songs are around that would appeal to a 21 year old  :dunno: , I don't think she'd be particularly interested in old Neil Young or Joni Mitchell stuff.  The Who Behind Blue Eyes would be good but maybe a bit complex for now.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Instead of trying to think of songs from our age group to teach her, maybe you should look into what she is listening to. You might have to learn it first to teach her, but that's what I would do if I were in that situation.
   Have you heard any song in particular that she listens to a lot?
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey Harley, I did quiz her for examples (work in progress, nothing so far  :facepalm: ), this sudden desire to learn she said came from a song she heard but can't remember, hopefully we'll work it out.  She doesn't have anything specific at the moment, not that it's a big deal for now, she's got plenty to do getting her fingers so they don't hurt LoL..   Also I showed her a little A doodle I do allot (a D shape A on 7th fret with the A bass/octave) and she got that easily  :whoohoo!: . She also hasn't forgotten everything I showed her over 10 years ago it seems, she has a beautiful touch on the instrument, good clear notes (happy dads-ville).
And I'm happy to learn any song she wants, even better we can learn them together and I can show her how I break down songs to learn.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Yep, that's what I was thinking. Let her see how you learn a song so she can copy your method.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!
Pages: [1]   Go Up