• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

B200s - Why is this the Warmest SS Amp?

Started by idouglascs, February 10, 2016, 09:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kim

Nice! Now, you know we're gonna talk you out of getting a Triaxis at this ADA site, right?  ;)

idouglascs

Quote from: Kim on February 16, 2016, 12:42:34 PM
Nice! Now, you know we're gonna talk you out of getting a Triaxis at this ADA site, right?  ;)

In fact I really want to be convinced not to buy a Triaxis.  :thumb-up:

I got the money to get an ADA MP1 right now, not the Triaxis.

But... I really like Mesa Mark series tone, and Triaxis have them all.

But... MP1 was used by some of my idols like Paul Gilbert and Metallica (Black Album??) etc.

It's a hard decision to me.

idouglascs

I just found a MP1 Classic a guy is selling here in Brazil.

Ada Mp1- Classic - Pré-amp Valvulado 2x12ax7
http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-733077783-ada-mp1-classic-pre-amp-valvulado-2x12ax7-_JM

I'm afraid about the side holes (I don't know the official name) that are broken.

There are other MP1 in perfect condition but it's not the Classic.

MarshallJMP

The classic wasn't used by guys like Gilbert and Metallica,just a heads up.The classic sounds different from the MP-1.

As for the B200S opening up,just make sure you unplug it and lett the caps bleed out for a few minutes and you'll be safe to open it.

idouglascs

Quote from: MarshallJMP on February 16, 2016, 01:20:28 PM
The classic wasn't used by guys like Gilbert and Metallica,just a heads up.The classic sounds different from the MP-1.

As for the B200S opening up,just make sure you unplug it and lett the caps bleed out for a few minutes and you'll be safe to open it.

I didn't know the Classic has a different sound, I thought it sounded like the original MP1 with some bells and whistles, like a better cab emulator and a new voice.

Now I will have to get both. ;)

idouglascs

idouglascs

Now I'm a bit worried about the disconnected blue wire. It comes from the transformer.

But the amp is working perfectly.  :???:

Looking at my serial can you say if this is a newer or older revision?

MarshallJMP

The blue wire is normal,it's just a different tap on the primary winding.From what i could find one tap is 117ac and the other one is 100Vac (for use in Japan).The 220V types have also 2 taps,one for 220Vac and one for 240Vac.Altough i have always seen that the 240Vac tap is used.

idouglascs

Quote from: MarshallJMP on February 17, 2016, 06:11:10 AM
The blue wire is normal,it's just a different tap on the primary winding.From what i could find one tap is 117ac and the other one is 100Vac (for use in Japan).The 220V types have also 2 taps,one for 220Vac and one for 240Vac.Altough i have always seen that the 240Vac tap is used.

Thank you MarshallJMP!

This amp is a great piece of gear. I like it more and more, everything I throw at it is beautifully reproduced.

I can play it loud for a long time without as much ear fatigue.

MarshallJMP