ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What are your favorite DISTORTION and OVERDRIVE pedals????  (Read 13094 times)

vansinn

^oh, Germanium of course changes things - I was using 4148's [sic] back then.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Germanium diodes, are these special diodes made in Germany LoL sorry couldn't resist...
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

vansinn

Matter of fact, yes, or rather, they were invented by Dr. Rudolf Germanus.
Also being into politics, hear-say will have it that he was quite the opposition to the ruling class.
We might say he was a distortion to the establishment..

EDIT:  :crazy: :lol: :facepalm:
« Last Edit: Time Format by vansinn »

tomy

• "To loose means trouble, to win pays double"

Good one Van :thumb-up:
"As far back as I can remember,  I've always wanted to be a  gangster..."

ARSENAL :
https://fr.audiofanzine.com/membres/885047/products/

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento

I saw that is actually real easy to make one.

http://revolutiondeux.blogspot.be/2008/10/lovepimple-purple-pills-lovepedal.html

I wish I understood what I was looking at...sounds like a fun project to put together
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.

While I don't normally use or rely on pedals for my Overdrive/Distortion sounds, I did pick up a few pedals along the way that I like.
Most recently I found a gently used EHX Soul Food locally for about $50.  I had heard it was pretty much a clone of the famous Klon Centaur and had also checked out a bunch of YouTube clips comparing these type of pedals, so I gave it a go.   Very interesting pedal; not my normal style but I really like it anyway.  I like that I can use it as a real nice Clean Boost as well as dialing up some Drive.  But right now I'm actually using it after the EHX C9 stomp to add that touch of Overdrive to the organ effects when I need it...WAY COOL!

https://www.ehx.com/products/soul-food

« Last Edit: Time Format by Kim »

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento

I don't know if this counts, and it definitely is NOT one of my favorites...but my ol' ass Nady 201 guitar wireless adds a nice bit of distortion. So, I got that goin' for me, which is nice

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Dante, whatever works  :thumb-up: , although typically you want your wireless to be transparent and clean.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook

I used to have this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZOOM-PD-01-ANALOGUE-POWER-DRIVE-OVERDRIVE-GUITAR-EFFECTS-PEDAL/263277226267?hash=item3d4c8ba91b:m:mjnM5ZMATYq5WcVMcXXrs4A

but I had no use for it when I had my Boss GT6/GT8 period.  It probably would be a good boost for the MP1 now in retrospect.  It was touted as a Klon Centaur clone also.  Very nice over drive.  One of the rare analogue range Zoom did in the 90's.

Don't think I've ever had a fav distortion pedal as I've used predominantly multi FX for most of my years.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Rawk777

I posted this in another thread (Anyone here boost their ADA MP1 - http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=750.msg20778#msg20778), but It makes a lot of sense to post it here:
_____

I play a lot of fast palm muting stuff, and I use a Proco Rat to boost my MP1. It works well with the MP1, MP2, Triaxis, but not with my Rocktron Chameleon 2000, wich is a digital preamp. The pedal is actually a Deucetone Rat, that have in total 4 different clipping options, including a clean boost.

I tryed different pedals to boost my preamps, and I compared them with a true bypass pedal switcher. In order of appreciation: Rat, BD-2, Ts-808, SD-1, BBE Crusher, MT-2, Behringer MIC200, DS-1.

1- Rat Deucetone
This is my favorite. I prefer all of the modes of the Rat, to every other pedal I tryed to use as a boost. All the modes have slight different flavors (more bass, more agressive, etc.), but they are all good. It's true bypass, and really doesn't like to have a buffer in front of it. With boss pedal in front of it, it sounded like crap. It sounds tight, really low noise, awesome. Just don't put too much distortion or you'll mess everything ( I set mine about like this - dist-9h, filter-12h, level 3h).

2- BD-2
A bit more warm than the Rat, and have a more vintage/warm vibe to it. Really nice.

3- Ts-808
Sounds nice and natural, just add a touch of punch, but not quite enough for my taste, and introduce way more noise than the rat.

4- SD-1
The less expensive pedal! I could have put it in 3rd place at the place of the 808. More agressive than the ts-808, but more harsh too. That pedal can be microphonic and cause feedback.

5- BBE Crusher
Suppose to be really close to Marshall The Guv'Nor. Doesn'T sounds bad, but it have a 3 band EQ. I don't want to tweak a 3 band eq on my boost pedal! It's true bypass.

6- MT-2
Metal Zone! I have been able to get a not to bad sound, close to the SD-1... But every other settings sounded really bad.

7- Behringer MIC200
It's actually a small mic preamp that can work as a DI. It has a tube in it. I did not play a lot with it because it caused to much noise to be used as a booster for heavy guitar sounds. The sounds "wanted" to be nice, but was just too noisy.

8- BOSS DS-1
I have not been able to have an instesting sound as a booster with it. It's a classic distortion pedal, but I just could not find a way to use it as a booster.

I also tryed about every OD/DS pedals simulation of my BOSS GT-10, but I consider it a different topic :). I don't think I would have tryed a RAT pedal if I didn't have a simulation of it in the GT-10. That's a great tool, but I'm trying to remove it from my rig.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up