Let's Get Technical > All PREAMP Tech Tips & Support

Rocktron MidiMate will not change MP-1 patches!!

<< < (2/3) > >>

rnolan:
Hey mjfan123, seems to me you are doing everything right  :thumb-up: (and it should be easy), first guess is it's the RMM, it should hold the channel assignment.  Maybe it needs a new memory battery (if it has one  :dunno: ) but it should save the change (unless your missing something in the manual (but it doesn't sound like you are)).Do you have anything else that sends/rec midi (eg a keyboard) just to test that 1 - your MP1 is receiving correctly (I suspect it is), and 2 - The RMM isn't saving channels and thus not sending sending midi instructions.  I'm thinking the RMM is defective and you should return it, but they are going to want to be convinced it doesn't work.  If there is a method to factory reset the RMM, try that (I'm not familiar with the RMM so not sure how complex it is or can be set up to be).

mjfan123:

--- Quote from: rnolan on June 24, 2018, 05:03:38 AM ---Hey mjfan123, seems to me you are doing everything right  :thumb-up: (and it should be easy), first guess is it's the RMM, it should hold the channel assignment.  Maybe it needs a new memory battery (if it has one  :dunno: ) but it should save the change (unless your missing something in the manual (but it doesn't sound like you are)).Do you have anything else that sends/rec midi (eg a keyboard) just to test that 1 - your MP1 is receiving correctly (I suspect it is), and 2 - The RMM isn't saving channels and thus not sending sending midi instructions.  I'm thinking the RMM is defective and you should return it, but they are going to want to be convinced it doesn't work.  If there is a method to factory reset the RMM, try that (I'm not familiar with the RMM so not sure how complex it is or can be set up to be).

--- End quote ---

I think this is a defective unit, luckily I got it from Guitar Center Used so I can return it. I tried to reset it, but got ERR code 15 and not ERR code 0 like it should have.

It's not remembering channel assignments, etc. Plus I'm not liking the look or layout that much anyway. I ended up buying a used Ground Control Pro on Reverb for a good price, which I hope will work better.

I'll let everyone know, Thanks.

rnolan:
I'm glad you could return it.  Hopefully the GC will do the trick  :thumb-up:

mjfan123:

--- Quote from: rnolan on June 25, 2018, 03:37:27 AM ---I'm glad you could return it.  Hopefully the GC will do the trick  :thumb-up:

--- End quote ---

Just got the GC, and it works! Now I can use the MP1 to it's full potential.

rnolan:
 :whoohoo!: , good to hear  :thumb-up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version