Other ADA Gear > Speakers & Cabs

Eminence Speakers

<< < (2/3) > >>

WickedBlade:
My 2x12 cab has a Governor and a Texas Heat. I'm told that is an unusual combo, but I wanted to mix the American and British sounds. I'm quite satisfied with the speakers, though I admittedly have no big experience with other speakers. My previous cab had 2 chinese Vintage 30s and that wasn't my cup of tea, I found the Governor smoother, less harsh to the ears while still retaining the British growl.

I recently equipped my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe with a Texas Heat too, for what it's worth. I find I quite like that speaker, even though I use 80's distortion as my main tone and I used to think that the Texas Heat would be leaning more towards that American clean tone.

RobbHell:
I use custom made VADER Cabinets. Sadly there no longer being made. They are the same thing as a Over sized Mesa Cab but with four 120 watt Eminence's. A 480 watt over sized Holy Shit! I've had them a long time now and tey have never let me down. They move a lot of air and can handle as much low end as you can throw at it. I've never heard theae Cabinets fart lol. The only thing I found interesting about them was it took a little getting used to because i'm so used to the bright top end of a Celestion speaker.

Darth Infernus:
I've always used Celestion Vintage 30 speakers until I could no longer take the ear fatigue from all that high end. I tried the Eminence Governors and have never looked back since. All the things I loved about the Vintage 30 with a great high end but not the piercing, fatiguing frequencies.

I use (2) Happy Cabs 2x12 Detuned cabinets

kawai2g4b:
My Red Star Audio Blackjack 4X12 cab uses two Eminence Wizards and two Eminence Texas Heats in it.  Currently it's tied to my MP-1 rig and they match up scarily well.  Their speakers seem to me to have superior clarity and dynamics which match up well with more modern amps.  Eminence's American and British style speakers compliment each other very well when housed in the same cab.

RandallRG:
I have been using my 2-4x12 Randall Cabs equipped with (80 Watt 8-0hm) Randall Jaguar Speakers (Made for Don Randall back in the 80's by EMINENCE! :thumb-up:) The 320 watt cabs sound great with My Randall RG1OOES Heads/My Ampeg VH140C Head & of course my MP-1!! All around they are some really great sounding Speakers with nice BIG Magnets & TRUST ME they can push some air! LOL!! Awesome Mids/KILLER Highs & some Deep "Thump Chuggin" Bass response. They make for a Awesome M-E-T-A-L Speaker!  :metal:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version