Other ADA Gear > Speakers & Cabs

Eminence Speakers

(1/3) > >>

McLeanAB:
Howdy all!

Just wanted to see who many of you folks use Eminence speakers?  I was using a Swamp Thang and Wizard in one cabinet and a Swamp Thang and Governor in the other 2x12 and loved it.  Since my gear rotated, and I no longer have the 2x12's, I now have a Swamp Thang in my ISP Theta Combo and love it.  Been thinking about swapping it out for a Governor just to play around.

rnolan:
I had 2 x 12's from a fender twin which were allegedly Eminence, not sure the model.  They were in an open back cab a friend had as the top end of his bass rig.  I still have one, the other fried because my B200s (a very early model) went lala on one channel.  I used them for years with a 1972 Marshall 50w and later with my first MP1 rig (MP1 > Alesis Quadverb > B200s), they were great speakers.
I also had a pair of Plessy 12U50s', also great speakers.  The factory that made the Plessys is still around in Melbourne (Australia) and make Lorantz speakers these days (http://www.melbournemusiccentre.com.au/auxpage_lorantz/).  A Melbourne music shop (check the link) got them to reverse engineer the classic Celestion Vintage Greenback and now all their staff use them.
My stage rig is 2 x 12 ADA split stacks with 90w Boogie Celestion's which I quite like although like all things Boogie a bit bright

Rodney_g:
I looked really seriously at Eminence but ultimately ended up going with some WGS speakers based on the speaker run-offs I heard and the pricing I got from the guys at WGS.
Love the Veteran 30 / ET-65 combo in the 2x12 slant cabs.  :metal:
I much prefer the Vet 30 to the Celestion Vintage 30's I used previously... no ugly @ss, harsh mid-range hump in the EQ.

Guthrie Govan is currently using Vet 30s, so if you like his tone, check 'em out... wwww.wgs4.com

rnolan:
Cool, they have some nice offerings and, as you say the prices are good  :)

joeblast:
I bought some of the neodymium magnet ones for my bass cab - even the 15" is light as a mug of coffee, and I am happy with the sound.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version