• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Main Menu

Ada mp1 vs Eleven rack (video comparison).

Started by shreddingjoris, October 28, 2014, 02:10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shreddingjoris

Both played on the neck pickup :).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbR8ExgTr8A&feature=youtu.be

MarshallJMP

First AWESOME PLAYING  :thumb-up: wauw!!!!

Second,i think the mp-1 sounds warmer,the eleven rack has that nasty high pitched overtone that i hear in every modeling amp.My 2 cents.

shreddingjoris

Quote from: MarshallJMP on October 28, 2014, 03:23:55 PM
First AWESOME PLAYING  :thumb-up: wauw!!!!

Second,i think the mp-1 sounds warmer,the eleven rack has that nasty high pitched overtone that i hear in every modeling amp.My 2 cents.

Thxs! And yea i agree, the ada cuts more true the mix and sounds more "real". However, the eleven rack feels more liquid while playing.

rnolan

Go shreddingjoris, great playing (and really good economy with your right hand BTW)  :thumb-up: Sonically, I preferred the MP1 for some reasons, and the 11 rack for others. I agree with MJMP. the MP1 sounds more warm (and more real partly coz it is real  >:D ). I think the liquid is more how the FX integrate in 11 rack, but I hear what you say, 11 rack is more liquid (not that you can't achieve that with MP1 and FX). They haven't done a bad job but it does lack a little realness (if that makes sense, maybe more to me coz I'm very old school these days).
Maybe a better comparison is 11 rack just preamp + chorus compare with MP1 + its chorus > same FX/Amp. I suspect the MP1 will win ??

attached Here's stock MP1/Alesi quadverb/IPS33 smart shift B200s stereo quadbox live to DAT > cassette > sample > mp3
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

shreddingjoris

I didn't use chorus on both settings, just some delay,reverb and eq. But yes the ada will always sound more real ;)! A 3tm probably will add some midrange liquid. The tone demo of yours sounds soooo ada ;) well done!

Chamai

the ada fits better for this song imo.

do you mind sharing your settings for your ada? i think it sounds great!
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

Hey Chamai, I'm assuming you are wanting schreddingjois's settings ?
The Rev Rock MP1 patches (in case you like them), the rhythm patch is probably the 1992 patch 102 I posted in MP1 patches. The lead I have to find again...
Cheers R

Chamai

Quote from: rnolan on November 24, 2014, 03:40:04 AM
Hey Chamai, I'm assuming you are wanting schreddingjois's settings ?
The Rev Rock MP1 patches (in case you like them), the rhythm patch is probably the 1992 patch 102 I posted in MP1 patches. The lead I have to find again...
Cheers R

thanks again!!!
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

The lead patch is 106 (where did I write that one down LOL) which (IIRC) is basically a bluesier version and a little less gain than posted MP1 107 patch and also with a big delay..