ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M Audio Delta 1010 Users?  (Read 5999 times)

Neal Saenz

M Audio Delta 1010 Users?
« on: Time Format »

Anyone still using Delta 1010 card and interface? I have been recording again with it but now on a 64 bit and I am having some popping/crackling during single track recording. Wondering if that's a 64 bit vs 32 bit issue or if I have something else going on. I do not recall ever having this issue while running a 32 bit machine.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: M Audio Delta 1010 Users?
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Not familiar with the Delta 1010, but 64 bit may well be an issues (have they made 64 bit drivers for the card ?).  You could try 32 bit support mode but that's more about software and not necessarily driver issues.  You may be in a position similar to me where some choices need to be made, e.g. keep a WinXP 32 bit box going to continue to use your (substantial $) investment (mine is in ProTools Digi001) or move on and spend lots $s again. It's possible something else is going on (e.g. bad cap in the I/O card, connectors not as clean as they were ??) but sounds a bit like "this doesn't quite go with this" problems ??
What OS versions is the Delta spect for ?, not to mention BIOS has moved on as well  :facepalm: But it's a plug in card (assume PCI bus ?), all the modern sh#t wants USB or MAC equivalent which is serial data streams where your PCI card is parallel data (parallel is a much better idea IMHO but not where the world has gone...) (like ATA HDDs, which are parallel and SATA HDDs which are serial).
You may be able to run up a 32 bit VM (with VMware etc) of XP but again the hardware (and BIOS) may not play ball.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Neal Saenz

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Exactly, it's a "which one of these 3 dozen loose strings should I pull first without unravelling the entire sweater in the process. I'm suspecting it's a 32 vs 64 bit issue, but the previous owner claimed he ran it on 64 bit with no problems. But then again each set up is unique or maybe he simply did not notice the problem. I'll likely go with a 32 bit machine and see what happens.

finstah

• Jurrie Rocks
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

I had a Delta 66 for years. When I upgraded from XP I found they had no drivers and looks like no plans to make drivers for Win 7 and 8. It sits in a box and replaced by a focusrite.

The Delta was a great piece of equipment but they pissed a lot of people off for not updating. Not sure if it relates to your model or not.

rickeb1

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

I'm sort of headed in the same direction, so I'm interested to hear if you manage to sort this out.  I've been using a Delta 1010LT for some time on an XP machine.  But, I'm starting to have serious problems with the machine and have started to think about replacing it with a new Win 7 box.  There are Win 7 drivers available, and I know some people have gotten it to work, so I am hopeful I can make the change.  But I have heard that you lose some functionality with the Win 7 drivers.  The comment about driving people off with their lack of support seems to be exactly on the money.

RobbHell

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

I use my Delta with a Mac PowerPc. Works flawless with very low latency. Can't with Pc. I do use 64bit OSX and Reaper Audio.

RobbHell

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Try 24bits@48k and 1024 in your audio settings

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Popping/crackling may also be caused by interrupts from other processes, you could try shutting down all running processes that you don't need and setting the Delta 1010 process to highest priority and also Robs advice is good.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

finstah

• Jurrie Rocks
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

I'm sort of headed in the same direction, so I'm interested to hear if you manage to sort this out.  I've been using a Delta 1010LT for some time on an XP machine.  But, I'm starting to have serious problems with the machine and have started to think about replacing it with a new Win 7 box.  There are Win 7 drivers available, and I know some people have gotten it to work, so I am hopeful I can make the change.  But I have heard that you lose some functionality with the Win 7 drivers.  The comment about driving people off with their lack of support seems to be exactly on the money.

I would say try it and see what happens. If you're happy with the result, you just bought some time. lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up