Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Hello to all

(1/2) > >>

gtmm:
First, a huge thanks to Dante and any others responsible for setting up this forum. The information is great and it's good to know people still use the ADA stuff.

I bought my MP-1 new in 1987 or 1988. I didn't use it that much then mainly because I played mostly acoustic archtop Gibsons, but I did mess around with it.

Then I was in a car accident and couldn't play guitar at all for sixteen or so years due to nerve damage in my left arm and hand. Started playing again about a month ago, and I'm stumbling along getting my left hand technique back.

I've been playing my LP GT through the MP-1 and I forgot how nice of a pre it is. The MP-1 is totally stock (even has the orginal tubes) but it sounds much better than I remember.

I'll be recapping it soon (along with six other rack units and a Soundcraft board) and will most likely get the power transformer upgrade from MJMP and do the noise mod also at that time.

Just wanted to say hi, thank the admins, and everyone else for the great forum.

gtmm

Peter H. Boer:
Well hi and welcome  :thumb-up:

gtmm:
Thanks for the welcome, Peter! Hope all is good!

rnolan:
Hey gtmm, welcome to the depot, glad to have you with us  :wave:
Cheers Richard

gtmm:
rnolan,

Thanks for the welcome!

I've read most of your posts and have to thank you for making me aware of MJMP's MDRT upgrade for the MP-1. Not that others haven't discussed it, but I became aware of it through your posts on this forum. Also, your comments on tubes, and sources of, have lead me to knocking off the rust on issues I knew so well thirty years ago, yet had forgotten.

Happy to be here, and I hope I can contribute in some way in the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version