• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Main Menu

Rig Pix

Started by Dante, July 31, 2014, 10:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rnolan

Hey PrimalScream91, nice  :thumb-up: . That Ltd is a nice looking guitar.

Hey Soloist, carumbah, nice rack, something for all occasions LoL
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

PrimalScream91

Quote from: rnolan on June 28, 2016, 04:33:04 AM
Hey PrimalScream91, nice  :thumb-up: . That Ltd is a nice looking guitar.

Thanks! It plays like a dream, it's made me look at EMG's in a completely different light.
Guitars: Couple Gibsons, Couple Fenders, Couple Kramers, Couple others...
Amps: MP-1, MP-2, B200S, Couple Marshalls

rnolan

Some love em, some hate em..  I've never been a big fan of active PUs for guitar but then others like them allot.  I think they are popular for really high gain stuff as they are quiet, low microphonics and very articulate so you can hear each note even with full on distortion, also good for guitars tuned down a tone or 2.  Also I haven't tried the more modern EMGs, just the early ones when they first came out. So I'm sure they've got better over the years.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

PrimalScream91

Quote from: rnolan on June 28, 2016, 06:56:28 AM
Some love em, some hate em..  I've never been a big fan of active PUs for guitar but then others like them allot.  I think they are popular for really high gain stuff as they are quiet, low microphonics and very articulate so you can hear each note even with full on distortion, also good for guitars tuned down a tone or 2.  Also I haven't tried the more modern EMGs, just the early ones when they first came out. So I'm sure they've got better over the years.

I was completely against active pickups, I grabbed that guitar because I knew if I liked the way it played I could order one with Duncans. But after plugging it in I was surprised at how well it sounded and bought it. I don't see myself putting EMG's in my other guitars though, I like passive pups too much.

Griphook

Here is my tiny Rig.

The Charvel is equipped with Seymour Duncans Livewire-Metal. 18V-Active-PUs. Some serious Gain-Beasts. Unfortunately, No Chance to get a clean Sound from these  :-\
I've bought this guitar without knowing that the equipped PUs were Active. I do  not like Active Pus either, but now it is pretty cool for controlled feedback and Gain-Overload  >:D

Awesome Pedal-Selection, Primal  :thumb-up: Love the Flashback!

PrimalScream91

One of the great things about building a rig is how it comes together over time, I think if I would have bought the rig I have all at once I wouldn't appreciate it as much as I do. You've got a nice rack there, I can't wait to start working on my rack.

Thanks for the complements, I'm really digging my board at the moment, the Flashback is actually my newest addition to the board, I can't believe I waited this long to get one!

Griphook

I only got a MXR-Black Label Chorus behind the Rack. Just love the subtle Chorus. It is always on and in the signal path ^.^

But I also plan to get a nice boost and a midi looper  :thumb-up:

PrimalScream91

I like the Analog Chorus, and I struggle with wanting to keep it turned on. It's always a internal discussion of weather I like my tone with it always on or off!

Soloist

Quote from: Harley Hexxe on June 27, 2016, 02:41:17 PM
   A lot of preamp choices in that one it looks like. Would you care to share the signal path/switching set up in there?
      Harley 8)
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

Soloist

Guitar runs thru pedals on board then into amp selector. Then just follow diagram above.

All preset switching done by GCX ground control Pro.

Preamp choice by Voodoo Labs Amp Selector.

Power amps by dual A/B box.

True Stereo path.

Live Rig:
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV

Soloist

Quote from: PrimalScream91 on June 28, 2016, 08:18:29 AM
I like the Analog Chorus, and I struggle with wanting to keep it turned on. It's always a internal discussion of weather I like my tone with it always on or off!

I hear you! I run a chorus on about 90% of the time. It adds a "fullness" to the tone that I really like.
Live Rig:
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11

MarshallJMP

Wow so 4 different preamp going into 4 different fx units. Any reason why 4 preamps? And 4 fx units?

PrimalScream91

Quote from: Soloist on June 28, 2016, 08:34:20 AM
I hear you! I run a chorus on about 90% of the time. It adds a "fullness" to the tone that I really like.

Agreed, when I'm jamming with the guys I'm usually the only guitar player so a chorus helps me get a wider sound.

Griphook

Chorus is Love! Chorus is Life  ;D
Along with a bit of Phasing and maybe a bit shimmer-Reverb. Coming after the ADAs Sound. Just gorgeous.

This is some Huge Rack, Soloist. I agree with MJMP, especially why 4 different FX-Units?

PrimalScream91

Quote from: Griphook on June 28, 2016, 08:45:38 AM
Chorus is Love! Chorus is Life  ;D
Along with a bit of Phasing and maybe a bit shimmer-Reverb. Coming after the ADAs Sound. Just gorgeous.

I really like a nice, slow phase. If the Strymon Lex wasn't so damn expensive I'd have one of those on my board too, those slow, distorted Leslie sounds are eerie and I love them!

I've been looking into the A/DA PBF flanger to add to my board as well.