Other ADA Gear > ADA Cabinet Simulaters

MicroCab I vs GCS-3

(1/3) > >>

JarrettBlackBridge:
A while back I borrowed my friend’s GCS-3 and compared it to my MicroCab I.
I’ve only really tried these two units out but am interested in the other ones ADA made as well but they do rarely come up for sale around here!

Which of the ADA cabinet simulators have you tried and what do you prefer?

Harley Hexxe:
That was pretty interesting.

I never got to try any of the ADA pedal stuff with the exception of the Flanger RI pedal which was pretty close to the original one that I still own from the 70's.

It seems ADA is gone again so I'll probably never have the opportunity to try any of the pedal gear.

The only ADA Cab emulator I have are the Microcab II's. I do like how they work though. I believe they are the same as the Microcab I, but with an AC power cord instead of a wall-wart.

Harley 8)

MarshallJMP:
Is ADA gone again??

MCI and II are not 100% the same, difference is the build in transformer and they changed the level of input it can handle, while the I is just line level, the II can handle output levels from a real amp. The cab sims stayed the same.

I have a few MCI's and 2 ampulators and the ampulator is quite different from the MCI but you can't really compare these.

@Jarret, maybe a tip, I find they sound best with no button pushed in. Someone in the comments said to push in 2 buttons, mmm need to try that out.

JarrettBlackBridge:
The II can handle pass through of a speaker cable then?
That’s pretty cool if so!
I actually still haven’t gotten around to experimenting with more than one button pushed in but I’ll have to try no buttons as well now  :lol:

JarrettBlackBridge:

--- Quote from: Harley Hexxe on June 30, 2022, 12:42:17 PM ---That was pretty interesting.

I never got to try any of the ADA pedal stuff with the exception of the Flanger RI pedal which was pretty close to the original one that I still own from the 70's.

It seems ADA is gone again so I'll probably never have the opportunity to try any of the pedal gear.

The only ADA Cab emulator I have are the Microcab II's. I do like how they work though. I believe they are the same as the Microcab I, but with an AC power cord instead of a wall-wart.

Harley 8)

--- End quote ---

Glad you liked it! This is the only non rack piece I’ve even seen locally and it just randomly showed up in the used section of a music store!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version