Non ADA Gear > Rack Gear

Best Rackmounted Flanger?

(1/4) > >>

Chip Roberts:
As I'm going to be introducing a Roland GP8 into my setup very soon, which doesn't include flange, but analog phaser and digital chorus, I'm wondering what everybody likes for rackmounted flangers?

I have a Quadraverb, SPX90II, Midiverb, and ValveFx, so no shortage of options for me, but I'm wondering what people have found to be the "best" of the lot.

rnolan:
Hey Chip, I used to use the Quadverb flange and it was fine.  I have an original SPX90 but it's in the PA rack for reverb on vox and drums, I haven't tried its flange.  The midiverb "should" be similar to the QV, no idea about the valve FX  :dunno:

MarshallJMP:
I use the ADA 2FX (digital)  and TFX4 (analog)

Harley Hexxe:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on December 12, 2020, 04:10:12 AM ---I use the ADA 2FX (digital)  and TFX4 (analog)

--- End quote ---

I have the 2FX also. and the Flanger is decent. I prefer to use that as a Doubler. I never tried the TFX4. I only saw one of those one time and that was in 1983!  :o

I can also say without any doubt, that I've gotten awesome Flange effects from the S-1000, and Digitizer 4.

The "i" series delays aren't bad for it either :thumb-up: ( You can add modulation with those).

Harley 8)

MarshallJMP:
The TFX-4 sounds way different than the 2FX flanger, more dark, less highs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version