Let's Get Technical > Schematics & Modifications (mods)

MB-1 Mods?

<< < (2/3) > >>

rnolan:
Hey Andrea (http://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/miscellaneous_parts_and_replacement_tubes.htm) the MDRT is a "must have" no brainer mod for MB1 (big improvement I'm told) as is the v2.05 EPROM also available from MJMP. When you turn it on it will show the EPROM/firm wear version or you can look under the lid, there will be sticker on the EPROM with the version.
Couldn't find the MB1 noise mod here or on MJMP's site, but he will no doubt get it to you
Cheers Richard

Andrea86:
I have a 1.19 version. Now i have buied the EPROM 2.05 and when it will arrive i will put it in my ADA.

rnolan:
Cool let us know how you go... Hopefully you can put in the new RCA tubes while you have the lid off ??
I'd also go for the MDRT when/if you can afford it, from all accounts it will "open up" the MB1 ( "The MDRT is a 24VA transformer which can deliver 12.6V to the heaters.The high voltage has gone up to 240Vdc / 8mA.The original is only a 12VA transformer,only deliver between 8 and 9 V to the heaters and the high voltage is 190Vdc / 4mA.So the MDRT will enhance the sound,better low end,less noise and the sound will sound less compressed.")

RobbHell:
The Noise Mod and Transformer would be a must if I were you. You could swap out your opamps?  Wjat exactly ate wanting to Mod or not getting out of your MB1?

Peter H. Boer:

--- Quote from: rnolan on May 28, 2014, 07:39:10 AM ---Cool let us know how you go... Hopefully you can put in the new RCA tubes while you have the lid off ??
I'd also go for the MDRT when/if you can afford it, from all accounts it will "open up" the MB1 ( "The MDRT is a 24VA transformer which can deliver 12.6V to the heaters.The high voltage has gone up to 240Vdc / 8mA.The original is only a 12VA transformer,only deliver between 8 and 9 V to the heaters and the high voltage is 190Vdc / 4mA.So the MDRT will enhance the sound,better low end,less noise and the sound will sound less compressed.")

--- End quote ---
Yup, MDRT really opens up the sound.
As does replacing the opamp with a BurrBrown one  C:-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version