Non ADA Gear > Effects

Boss GT100

<< < (2/3) > >>

Soloist:
Well I finally did it. I condensed my live rig so it is simple to haul around. 2 FRFR cabs, and a Boss GT 100.
I have had the GT for about a month now and I am loving it! Very simple to set up patches, I have about 20 that I've made and it sounds very authentic. I would have liked an Axe FX, but I feel they are still pricey so I traded my sonic maximizer and a couple pedals  for the GT so the price was right.
Alot of the amp sims on it sound amazing. Some are meh but for what I am doing it works excellent. The Marshall, Mesa and 5150 sims do all my metal. :metal: The natural clean and JC120 do all my cleans. Better sounding than the GSp1101 even with custom IR's on the GSP. The effects are just as good (if not better) as the tc electronics plus there are more of them.
Eventually I might have a small rack with my MP1 & MP2 in it and run a 4CM, but for now it rocks  :headbanger:

vansinn:
A few titBits more OT from the GT100 path; sorry I have no exp with the GT's..
I too had a GSP1101 and initially found it quite wauwau, but soon ending up annoyed.
Effects are good, the compressor damn good, but most IR's sounded crap, routing too fixed.
Beta firmware flash, should've applied Ross's (Singtall) preset parameter set; yep, a mistake..
IMHO, Digitech never finalized the [1101] firmware, likely ordered so from their masters..
However, the violin player who bought it made it sound really really.. wauwau :o

Soloist:
Hey Van , funny you should mention that.  I had the C63 update loaded on the GSP along with Singtalls presets and cab sims. Still wasn't impressed. I agree the compressor and reverbs were great. Direct to pc via USB was good (because you could fix it in reaper) otherwise like you said, Digitech dropped the ball and left it half ass. It could have been a sweet piece of gear but......

Aelfad:
With a Carvin tube poweramp and a moderate amount of Sonic Maximizer, 1101 is my current main sound. It did take a fair amount of tweaking to get the sound right, but I'm pretty satisfied with my sound. I hope I'll get a recording of my last week gig to show it to you. If it was good for Mustaine and Helloween, it's good enough for me, too.

Soloist:
 To each his own..
 I cant say for Helloween, but Mustaine only endorsed and used his for about 6 months. Then he switched to a Rocktron Prophesy, whatever works man.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version