Non ADA Gear > Effects

NGD: TC Electronic G-System!!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Dante:
Thanks man, I'll do that  :thumb-up:

I got home tonight and immediately tried the wireless again, this time in another amp, and it worked fine. Wha? So, then I thought, what if it's the power supply on the G-system? When I plugged the wall wart in the rack and used that for the wireless, it worked fine with the G. I was too tired last night to think of that.

I'm guessing the G-system power supply is less than 250 mA, which is what the wireless needs  :dunno:

Works fine now, and now I need to write patches...do I do it on the computer, or no....hmmm

Chucky:
Your wireless runs on <250 mA 9 volts current?
All the wirelesses I ever owned worked on 12v.

Watch it with the computer editor, a few years back there were major
problems with it causing glitches... I still used it to save my set-up so it's somewhere in case
of a big problem.
Else than that I prefer editing with the machine itself for 2 reasons:
-It makes you learn better and deeper...Making you faster at editing it.
-If there's anything happening on a gig, you probably won't have your computer at hand
or the time needed to run the damn editor. Might as well know how to handle the unit as a standalone.

For patches, I only use 5... Because of the lay out of the G System, I can edit basic sounds on the fly.
So I have a lot of prepared effects waiting to be kicked in so I don't have to make new patches just to have chorus
on my clean sound and the delay and then overdrive...
So every patch is like 3 to 7 different sounds by themselves.

It's another way of approaching how to write patches.

I'm a TCE lover too!
Got a G-System, a Nova Sys, a Nova Drive, the old original Flanger/Chorus pedal which is a gem, the Polytune and the Hyperspace compressor.

Dante:

--- Quote from: Chucky on September 13, 2018, 08:48:46 AM ---For patches, I only use 5... Because of the lay out of the G System, I can edit basic sounds on the fly.
So I have a lot of prepared effects waiting to be kicked in so I don't have to make new patches just to have chorus
on my clean sound and the delay and then overdrive...
So every patch is like 3 to 7 different sounds by themselves.

It's another way of approaching how to write patches.

--- End quote ---

I do the same thing. It was the Nova System that got me thinking that way in the first place. That opened up a lot of options and got me using my Quad switch as a mini-Nova system. My wireless says it's 12v DC/300mA on the back of it. whatever, it works with the adapter.

I got the App to work last night - on my older laptop. It was a source of frustration on my newer Mac. It appears to be working fine, and if nothing else, it's a great way to name your patches quickly. I also like that I can see where the FX are set on the fly. BTW, I could totally take the old laptop to gigs and have it plugged into the rack during the gig. Easy peasey.

I'll be programming patches tomorrow (Saturday) and I'll put the App through it's paces.

Dante:
UPDATE: Setting up the Wah in this thing is a BIATCH. Now I know the process -whew- and it's tricky. I read the quick start guide, it was a little help, but some guy in YouTube gave me the clue to getting the wah to work.

I also found the answer to the wireless power supply mystery in the tech specs of the guide; the power ports on the back of the Gee are 9VDC/200mA. The wireless needs 250mA, so that's why it didn't work, even though it powered up. Not enough juice to get a signal.

I have a basic bank of patches written in the Gee that works for two of my guitars. That's getting me started, now I need to start woodshedding this week because I have two gigs with two bands next weekend and I'm rusty. This'll be a great way to try out the patches.

O Yeah...about the App....here's my experience: You can write patches all day on the App and save them to the G-system, but you cannot make changes on the G-system and expect the App to respect those changes. Just my experience, maybe it works for you. So, as long as you make ALL your edits with the App, you're good. Make one change at a gig without the computer, and you're done.

rnolan:
Hey Dante, more to the point I suspect is the wireless wants 12v not 9v as the G puts out, the lack of the additional 100mA will also be an issue (My wireless says it's 12v DC/300mA on the back of it)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version