ADA Preamps > MP-2

MP-2 and Multi-FX

<< < (2/4) > >>

Griphook:
Hey R,
I think I'll just try it out. Maybe I can get cool sounds with the GMajor2 in the Loop.Is the Loop before the Chorus or after?
Greets

Kim:

--- Quote from: Griphook on August 05, 2018, 07:20:54 AM ---Is the Loop before the Chorus or after?
--- End quote ---

The MP-2 Loop is after the Chorus and before the Tremolo fx. 

rnolan:

--- Quote from: Griphook on July 30, 2018, 04:03:56 AM ---Thanks for your Input, but my problem is, that I can only go Mono through my Power Amp. I am using the Power Amp for both guitars, so i go to the right channel and our 2nd Guitarist goes to the left channel with his MP1. So 2 Guitars, one Power Amp.

Does the MP2 downmix the channels to mono, when only One Output is plugged in, or can I pan the Loop to one side only?

--- End quote ---
Hey Grip, Another approach would use a small desk and mix the 2 guitars (MP2 & MP1) in stereo and run stereo into the poweramp > cabs.  Control how much L/R each preamp has with the channel pans (eg pan 1 MP2 ch hard L and the other just past centre (a bit to the right) and the opposite for the MP1.  So you'll both have a bit of each other in your individual cab (control how much with the fader/channel that's panned just past centre).  The MP2 doesn't downmix to mono, taking just 1 out gives you half the stereo signal (it's really sudo stereo though, one channel gets inverted at the chorus stage (chorus on/off makes no difference to this), MP1 works much the same).  You can't pan the MP2 loops L/R within the MP2, each one is dedicated to one side of the stereo signal.  The GMaj2 will work well in the MP2 loop but if you just use 1 MP2 out you'll also loose half of the GMaj2s stereo signal Fx (eg a stereo delay will be just one side of it).

As Kim said, MP2 loop is after chorus, after loop (in stereo) comes Tremolo, then Stereo Master (MIDI controlled only) then cab sims and main outs.  There's a really good signal flow diagram in the front of the MP2 manual (page 3 I think).  The MP1 chorus comes after its loop (which is serial/mono) then headphone out (slightly cab simmed) and main outs.

Dante:
Hiya Grip, Just found this thread and wanted to chime in...

I use a multi effects in the loop of my MP2. I run it mono, using the 4CM (four cable method). The dang PA is mono anyway, it does me no good to run stereo...I'm the only one that hears it. Tone is subjective, do what you want, you will anyway  :thumb-up: Here's what I do, just in case some of it is relevant for you;

I use the EQ in my multi FX as a solo boost, just pump the overall volume and EQ as you wish for a solo (I add a bit more thump). I toggle the EQ on/off with my Quad switch (or any CC controlling foot switch will work). My multi FX allows 4 CC controls, perfect for the Quad switch, so I got that goin' for me - GUNGA GALUNGA.*

I toggle 4 FX in the unit with that and it gets me through a 4-hour set of cover tunes. (rock songs from the 50s to today). We have older metal heads out there...I gotta cover the whole gamut from clean to classic crunch to modern heavy guitar to metal. So, I have a patch for each 'era' of guitar and switch the FX to the special songs. I get a lot of mileage out of my ADA gear, it's really versatile. I get pretty far with just a few basic tones. Each bank is for each guitar, so the patches all match too...just varying for the 'voice' of the instrument. That way, patch X2 is always Classic (plexi) crunch, and X3 is Modern Heavy stuff, X4 is METAL, X0 is clean/dry. So...

Guitar One: Bank 3; patch 32 is Classic rock, 33 is modern heavy stuff, 34 is metal etc.
Guitar Two: Bank 7; patch 72 is Classic rock, 73 is modern heavy stuff, 74 is metal etc.

Sorry, I get wordy  :cheers:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Gunga Galunga; Caddyshack Reference. Meaning; On your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.

Griphook:
Hey Folks,
thanks for your Input!
Dante, how do you use the 4CM to get a mono signal?
--- Quote from: Dante on August 06, 2018, 07:33:35 PM ---I use a multi effects in the loop of my MP2. I run it mono, using the 4CM (four cable method). The dang PA is mono anyway, it does me no good to run stereo...I'm the only one that hears it. Tone is

--- End quote ---
I want to implement the same system. So I always know, which kind of "Voice" I'm using by just looking at the number. Currently I just use 3 different Patches of my MP-2 and 5 different FX-Patches of the GMaj2.

The manual says:
--- Quote ---Settings: On/OffWe always recommend using G-Major 2 in aserial or loop setup as this will allow you tobenefit from all the unit’s effects and features.If, however, you intend to use G-Major 2 in aparallel setup or a parallel loop, its Kill Dryfunction will come in handy.With Kill Dry activated, no direct signal ispassed to the outputs of G-Major 2.
--- End quote ---
Maybe I will try this and get a Miniature Sum, to Sum Up the Stereo Output to Mono.

@R:It is not me, who uses both, MP-2 and MP-1.Our rythm Guitarist uses the MP-1 and left Channel of the Power-AmpI am using the MP-2 and the Right channel of the Power-Amp.
To keep the Rack "kinda" compact (has already 8 RU), I cant really use a Rack-Mixer or something like that for Live-Usage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version