ADA Preamps > MP-2

Finally an external Noise gate device

(1/3) > >>

Hanneman213:
After my last stage, finally I decided to get a noise gate pedal and use it also with my pedal board to shut up my other noisy pedal Friedman Be od.
There were some unexpected annoying pop sounds and squeals during the songs which have some instant rests like whitesnake's Still of the night.
I found a second hand Boss NS-2. I connected it to MP2 with 4 cable method
Guitar to input of Ns2
From Send of Ns2 to Mp2 input.
From Output Mp2 to Return of Ns2
Output from NS2 to Tc G major 2
Now chatter is gone, most of the hum is gone. This is satisfactory when you compare the old situation. But some hum continued.
Furthermore, I also activated  the gate in Mp2 and started to find where noise completely goes. It is approx 16. Degree of Threshold. And turned down the threshold of Boss Ns2 as minimum as possible.
Now Mp2 is dead quiet, no chatter and satisfactory sustain.

rnolan:
Were you getting noise gate chatter from your MP2 ?  There's a fix for that, one resistor change (R611).

Hanneman213:
Yes, I did this exactly. The gate cuts the decaying note very early. To Avoid this situation I adjust the gate as minimum as it can be but this time It chatters and hums.
However Boss Noise Suppressor can not cut the hiss or hum coming from MP2. I cut it with Mp2's own gate in Threshold 16.

MarshallJMP:
Normally the NS-2 is a good pedal but it could be the mix of the line level (mp-2) and instrument level (NS-2).Maybe try to turn down the front vol pot?

GuitarBuilder:
Interesting!

I've been using the ISP Decimator ProRack G all this time, with none of the issues you mention.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version