ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I’m on the fence  (Read 3442 times)

mqqse

I’m on the fence
« on: Time Format »

Like many of you, I have too much gear.  My MP1 has been sitting for over 6 months and other acquisitions are getting all the love.  Truthfully, I like my voodoo modded JMP1 better than the ADA (no offense) and I know there are folks that would put it back in service.  I also have 3 power amps, BP200s, Lexicon 284, and Marshall Mono block, aka the golden anchor.  I think the ADA stuff shoulda stay together and also shed the Marshall and keep the Lexi and JMP1, what say you?

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: I’m on the fence
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

If it were me, I'd keep the MP1 with the B200s for posterity, unless it sounded particularly better with a different amp.

Tone before fashion ;)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey mqqse, well that's a hard one, I'd keep them all LoL.  But if the JMP1 floats your boat and you really want to lighten the load, then maybe sell the MP1 and B200s as a pair  :dunno: , someone on here will no doubt take them off your hands.  Since your in the US, the MP1 and B200s will need a transformer swap for this part of the world but that's quite doable (ie MDRT for MP1 and a toroidal fits nicely in the B200s).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Luke Gibson

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

If it were me, I'd keep the MP1 with the B200s for posterity, unless it sounded particularly better with a different amp.

Tone before fashion ;)

I really want a Voodoo Modded JMP-1, I saw Def Leppard last year and Vivian’s tone out front was fantastic. I believe he’s still using the Voodoo Modded JMP-1 with the Axe-FX for effects....  Awesome!!!

mqqse

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

I really want a Voodoo Modded JMP-1, I saw Def Leppard last year and Vivian’s tone out front was fantastic. I believe he’s still using the Voodoo Modded JMP-1 with the Axe-FX for effects....  Awesome!!!

I was lucky to find mine for the price I paid.   It’s hard to find with any Voodoo mods now that the service isn’t offered anymore.

Luke Gibson

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

I was lucky to find mine for the price I paid.   It’s hard to find with any Voodoo mods now that the service isn’t offered anymore.

Indeed they are.....  Enjoy yours in good health sir!
Pages: [1]   Go Up