Non ADA Gear > Guitars

Dead spots

<< < (2/2)

rnolan:
I wonder if it's a resonant frequency thing  :dunno: , have you tried dropping the tuning a 1/2 tone or tone and see/hear if it has any affect ?

Iperfungus:

--- Quote from: rnolan on April 09, 2018, 04:49:05 AM ---I wonder if it's a resonant frequency thing  :dunno: , have you tried dropping the tuning a 1/2 tone or tone and see/hear if it has any affect ?

--- End quote ---

Yes, it is...but is coming out somewhere from neck (or fretboard?) wood quite for sure: most probably the resonant peak is too close to strings resonant peak and in that case (and that case only) the effect is that neck resonance cancels some frequencies when the G string is played at 12th fret.
I attempted to change the tuning with the previous strings gauge and it didn't change a lot, if I remember right (or maybe I just raised the G string... :dunno:): I will do another test with the new strings gauge to see what happens.  :thumb-up:

I would not call this "a problem" but "a behavior", at the end.
It's made of wood...and the wood is alive: you cannot be 100% sure about final result until the instrument is finished.  :lol:

Iperfungus:
Interesting things...

My 1987 PRS Custom and my 2013 Gibson SG Std show the same issue with G string at 12th fret, the PRS being the worst of all!  :lol:

It seems the only guitar I own that doesn't show this behavior is the 150 euros Kramer Baretta Special...ahahahahah!!!
That guitar with a JB really rocks.  :headbanger:

Dante:
that's funny - my $350 Epiphone has a Seymour Duncan JB in it and it sounds AMAZING

Great guitar - Epi Vee Korina edition, 1959 reissue. Get one if you see one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version