Non ADA Gear > Effects

Re: Digitech tech

<< < (8/8)

rabidgerry:

--- Quote from: MikeB on January 03, 2018, 12:18:23 PM ---Hey Gerry,
I made a couple of Y cables for when I  was using my ART SplitMix. The hardest part is getting the two cables into the jack housing. You will need to strip them back to bare bones to get them in there.  I used a fair bit of shrink wrap to seal them back up.  It was a bit of a hassle although I am happy with the result. I would consider buying one if I had to do it again. Assuming I could find the right quality and length.
Mine are more of an insert cable than a Y cable but the principal is the same.
Mike

--- End quote ---

Hey Mike thanks for the advise.  Been thinking about buying one actually but still holding to the idea of making one also.  I think I watched a video on how to make one before and I cannot for the life of me remember where I saw it.  I've searched online and nothing obvious is bringing it up.

rnolan:
Easy to make one.  Use a guitar cable, cut it n half (so now you have 2 jack to bare end).  Twist the 2 actives together and the shields together and solder to a new jack.  As mike said, you need to have a decent amount of the inner cable and shield poking out so it can go into the rear of the jack as the jack will just have room for one cable

rabidgerry:
Ok I did not get a Y cable yet, but I hooked it up like so.

Guitar > Boost > MP1 > Rockman EQ > Roctron Hush > IPS IN > IPS OUT L             > Nobels Mini Mixer L         >
                                                                                   > IPS OUT R             > Nobels Mini Mixer R        >  Mini Mixer Stereo out
                                                                                   > IPS Unshifted Out   > Nobels Mini Mixer Centre >

When I sort out the Y cable I will then be able to forget about the unshifted output of the IPS and take my dry signal direct out of the hush, meaning I can turn on/off the IPS seperately if and when I need it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version