Non ADA Gear > Rack Gear

Digitech 2112

(1/3) > >>

Dante:
Well lookie what showed up on Craigslist last night... a Digitech 2112 for $140  :thumb-up:

It's beat up, and dirty, but I plugged it in and all the lights came on. I hooked it up and it sounded awful....totally choked signal, barely audible. Then I realized, the input and output knobs were turned nearly all the way down  :facepalm:  So, I turned up the output and GREAT GOogLY MOoGLY, it was loud.  :o

I went through all the presets and found the ones I need to start with. There is some issue with one of the FX or a setting or whatever, but it results in an oscillating sound when you're not playing...YUK. It's not on all the patches, just a few, so if I can just avoid that effect, I'm good. There are tubes glowing in there, but I have no idea what they are or how old they must be.

I haven't even cracked the manual open yet, so I have yet to figure out if I can use my Quad switch with the SOLO button on this thing. Hopefully, I can. If not, I'll hook my GX-700 to it and use that.

It's 90s bliss, and a nice upgrade from the Behringer. Although, I am hanging on to the Behringer for emergencies. Once I clean up the 2112, I'll send some pix and sound clips.

Kim:
Cool!  You should name your Main Rig and Backup Rigs.  Plan A, Plan B, Plan C, etc.  :lol:

Systematic Chaos:
Cool. Throw in a fresh set of tubes and try the graph eq settings from my VGS2120 thread (http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=1974.msg22435#msg22435). Adjust gain to taste.
If you wanna get the most outta the 2112, invest another 25bucks and get the latest FW (http://www.nocrotec.com/shop/product_info.php/info/p120_Digitech-SGS-2112-to-2120-VGS-2-30-upgrade.html)

Dante:
So, while I was perusing Craigslist again (always dangerous), I spied a combo amp. A tube combo. A Peavey Triumph 120. It has four 6L6s in it and one FOUR 12ax7s, One 12AT7, and it's stupid loud. It also weighs more than my Boogie did. It's a 1x12 120w monster. I didn't like the gains, but I didn't spend more than 10 seconds trying them and I don't intend to use them anyway. The clean is very nice. It weighs about as much as my Jeep and has tiny wheels, unlike my Jeep.

I ran the digitech 2112 into the input jack and wasn't impressed. I plugged into the FX return and promptly incited great amounts of feedback because the preamp's output was a bit high. Oops. The cat was pretty freq'd out. He's better now and I like the tones much better.

The stock patches are not great, I have yet to RTFM and start tweaking. I did arrange some basic patches into banks for later, but they need some work. I figured out how to move/save patches from the factory presets to user presets and so on, but the fine tuning of FX requires a bit of study first to save time. I'll get on it.

Kim: This is plan C. Plan D is the little Fly Rig I just picked up. Plan B is my main rig right now because I F'd up my plan A (the Classic) :(

Dante:
UPDATE: I have read some of the manual and my Quad switch is now activating the SOLO button!! Woot!! I can assign at least 3 CC #s that I can tell - possibly more. I think I may need another quad switch - haha

I will be getting acquainted with this thing all day today, should have something to share by tonight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version