Non ADA Gear > Rack Gear

DigiTech GSP2120

(1/5) > >>

Systematic Chaos:
Somewhat "inspired" by Dante´s and RG´s TubeFex thread and my comments concerning the Digitech GSP2101/2112/2120 units I snagged a 2120 including the Control One on the used market
Analog preamp section including:
- Analog Compressor
- Analog Wah
- Analog 4 Channel Tube pre (2x 12AX7)
- 4x analog OD/Dist
- 2x Analog 10Band Graph EQ

Dual S-DiscII Digital FX (max 8 per preset/patch) incl Harmonizer/intelligent pitch shifter and delays up to 10s

This is the 3rd and final incarnation of Digitechs flagship Preamp/MultiFX unit from the 90s. I bought a 2101 new in 1994 when they were introduced and it was like 3000$ for the preamp plus another 600$ for the Control One back in the day.

I´ll sure as hell gonna have some major fun these next days fiddling around with this  8)

vansinn:
Yup, those are very cool devices. The 2020 Artist model features an additional Texas processor for speaker emulation, though I've never found any soundclips illustrating the emulation direct out.

You mentioned the input structure; actually, all these models are dual channel.
Input is Y-split. One leg runs through the tubes, then into the digital effects machine; the other leg runs directly into the effects machine.

rabidgerry:

--- Quote from: Systematic Chaos on September 13, 2017, 02:26:49 AM ---Somewhat "inspired" by Dante´s and RG´s TubeFex thread and my comments concerning the Digitech GSP2101/2112/2120 units I snagged a 2120 including the Control One on the used market
Analog preamp section including:
- Analog Compressor
- Analog Wah
- Analog 4 Channel Tube pre (2x 12AX7)
- 4x analog OD/Dist
- 2x Analog 10Band Graph EQ

Dual S-DiscII Digital FX (max 8 per preset/patch) incl Harmonizer/intelligent pitch shifter and delays up to 10s

This is the 3rd and final incarnation of Digitechs flagship Preamp/MultiFX unit from the 90s. I bought a 2101 new in 1994 when they were introduced and it was like 3000$ for the preamp plus another 600$ for the Control One back in the day.

I´ll sure as hell gonna have some major fun these next days fiddling around with this  8)

--- End quote ---

This may be the TubeFex I wanted! 

I sold my TubeFex and all, made some profit as well.  I'm sad I could not love it.

This Digitech however has a lot more analogue stuff going on, I like it.  For example, the drives are analogue!!  On the tube fex I was never going to be able to use the digital drives and I was hoping to solely rely on the tube preamp.  But jesus I could not handle the feel of that thing.

Now I have a Digitech Ips33 and this has impressed me.  Perhaps the 2120 would also, I like it has intelligent pitch shift built in! 

Did these digitechs always have tubes?  I am surprised that this one even does!  Impressive run down of stuff it has.

TubeFex is still awesome, but not for RabidGerry.

Dante:
Very cool rig!!  :thumb-up:

BTW: the lil' Behringer pulled off a gig last Saturday night and did great (can't believe I'm saying that about a Behringer)

MarshallJMP:
Nice but now we will need some soundclips  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version