Non ADA Gear > Rack Gear

Behringer V-Amp Pro rackmount

(1/7) > >>

Dante:
I'm not proud of this, but i had to do what I had to do. Both my main preamp and my backup are fubar right now, so I had to get something to hold me over until I get them in shape. I found a Behringer V-amp Pro on Craigslist for the price of a stompbox ($60), so I pulled the trigger. All I need are a few basic tones, I can get by with a minimal number of patches.

By itself, the Behringer is not fantastic. The MicroTube 200 helps a great deal. Together, I managed to get 5 good tones to get me through any gig - I may have to adjust the overall volume on a guitar-by-guitar basis, but that's it. I have:

10 = Clean/dry tone
11 = Clean/wet tone
12 = Classic Rock (brown) tone
13 = Modern Rock tone
14 = Dirty solo with some delay
Heel switch in my Wah pedal is a clean boost = clean solos with patches 10 or 11

Can't wait to get my shit fixed

rnolan:
Hey Dante, well better than nothing and very cheap.  I thought your MP-2 was working again ??

Systematic Chaos:
Blast from the past!!! I used to have that thingy many moons ago when my MP-1 was in maintenance.
If paired with a good poweramp the amp models are not too bad. I had the best results with the "Savage Beast" for mid- and hi-gain stuff and either the "Classic Clean" or "California Clean" for cleans and sounds with a slight break-up.
The trick is to pair the V-Amp Pro with an external FX unit (e.g. your GX-700) and with a tad bit of tweaking you're more than good to go as a redundancy 'til your real Pre's are back up and running.
You can even set it up in 4-c-m with the GX-700...just make sure you only use the Amp Sim (no SpeakerSim - set to BYPASS!!) and the external FX, You'll be surprised

vansinn:
Well, at least it's blue.. :lol:
Never played one, but heard sounds from it; not too bad.
I bet someone must have created some tone-mods for it..

EDIT: Nope, didn't find any mods, not even on the analog pre/post-end.

Dante:

--- Quote ---Well, at least it's blue.. :lol:
--- End quote ---
I thought the same thing - lol!

Y'know, after writing this post, I did hook it up to my GX-700 via the 4CM. It sounds pretty good, at least, better than I expected. What's more, now that I'm hooked into my GX-700, I can toggle the solo boost (EQ), chorus, delay, and any other effect in the GX-700 with my quad switch. I have five patches instead of ten, but it'll work. The cleans are not as clean as I expected, but I found a couple good gain combinations by playing with the speaker sims.

I also hit up a guy selling a Peavey TubeFEX Pro preamp on Craigslist and may be trading a guitar for that. He's getting the better end of that deal for sure, but I always regretted getting rid of my Peavey preamp, that thing rivals the MP2.

Richard; I thought it was working too, but no, it's a shell of itself. The tones are there, but sound like they're being choked by an overzealous noise gate. Something is definitely not right with that unit. BTW: I did check the ribbon cable & it's fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version