Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

My ADA rack - photos...

<< < (2/3) > >>

rnolan:
Hey Joe P., welcome to the depot  :wave: .  Wow nice bunch of gear  :whoohoo!: .

@ Dante, that Ibenez head stock looks like an acoustic, my guess  :dunno:

Joe P.:
Thanks for the positive feedback, all!!

MikeB - when playing gigs and/or in the studio, I like to keep things very simple.  I only use one preamp/poweramp at a time.  One ADA MP-1 preamp and a poweramp though a 2x12 or 4x12.  In addition, I run only ONE of my rack multi-effects units at a time in series with the MP-1 for some very light reverb/delay - Intellifex, Intelliverb, etc.  I am always experimenting with different sounds/tones so I like to "mix" things up a bit and try adding different pedals once in a while for added color, etc.

mqqse - yes only one JMP-1.  I picked it up a few years back used at a decent price and just couldn't resist.  Always wanted one.  It works/sounds great!

Kim - all 4 of my MP-1's are completely stock and work/sound great!  3 of them are version 2.01 and 1 of them is version 1.38.  The only work I've ever had done was I replaced the battery on one MP-1, and changed the filter caps on the tube board on another one as it was humming a bit.  But all are stock - no mods - nothing.  I picked up that Line 6 unit a few years back used (pretty cheap) just for fun.  It is a well made unit and it sounds OK - clearly the drive is NOT on the same level as an MP-1 or JMP-1.  My favorite head ever made is the original Peavey 5150 head as you can see from the photo.  It has it's own unique sound which I've always respected.  I have a bunch of stompboxes - BOSS, TC, etc. and like experimenting with different sounds/tones, but in all honesty, at the end of the day, nothing, nothing at all, sounds as musical and as transparent as my ADA MP-1 preamps.  They are just in a class of their own - so very special.

Dante - good catch, my friend!  Yes, that is one of my beloved 1976 Ibanez Concord acoustic guitars.  I am a HUGE fan of the older Ibanez stuff.  Specifically, the early 80's Roadstar II models.  I can talk mid 70's early 80's Ibanez all day long!  The craftsmanship is just truly amazing.

rnolan - thank you!!

MarshallJMP:
Mmmm Harley I think we have some competition  ;D

Nice setup!!!

Dante:
Okay Joe, I'm going off topic now with my Ibbies...

MIJ:
1978 CN200 (polar white) - stock flying finger PUs and star tuners!
1978 CN250 (tobacco burst with half vine on the neck) - vintage Seymour Duncans
1982 PF160 (really similar to a PF250 in specs, pretty rare, in polar white, weighs in at 12 lbs.) - stock Super 80s PUs (i think)
1984 AM50 (tobacco burst) - stock Super 58s
1986 AM75t (tobacco burst with a floyd \m/ ) - stock IBZ/Dimarzio PUs

I have a couple Artists, but they are newer:
2006 goldtop AR200 (korean) - Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB pickups
2013 cherry sunburst AR420 (chinese) - JB in the bridge

Big semi-hollow AS:
2005 AS83 (chinese) with incredible tone (SD Jazz/JB pickups)

My 'strat' is an SAS32fm in red (korean) - some HOT Ibanez PU in the bridge, not sure what it is. Stock single coils (Ibanez makes great single coils IMO)

Harley Hexxe:
Welcome to the Depot Joe P :wave:

It looks like you fit right in here :lol:

That's a nice looking Odessey rack. I'm looking at a pair of 8U like those for my studio desk. All stock MP-1's and different power amps, are you plugging them into different cabs, or all into the EVH cab?
      I had the same impression of the Line 6...just OK. I see you are quite a big fan of Boss pedals. Are you trying those through the loops of the MP-1's, or are those reserved for the heads?

@ MJMP: He's got me covered on the MP-1's since mine is down again. But I'm gravitating more towards the MP-2 and the Classic with the new tube power amps I've recently added to my stage rigs. I may have to send my MP-1 to you for your expert care.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version