Let's Get Technical > All PREAMP Tech Tips & Support

corrosion and grime on pcb... why didn't i notice it before.

(1/3) > >>

Richie_B:
I was taking another look at my mp1 and wondering about the ongoing issue with the chorus. Contemplating just adding an effects unit, maybe a gmajor2. Anyway... I was looking at the right side of the board and noticed how dirty it was. Funny what you see when you change your glasses. Here are a few pics of the mess. I did clean some of it off which you may notice in the second pic. I have to say that to the naked eye, it doesn't look anywhere near as bad as it does in the picture.

MikeB:
You should try setting a mouse trap.  It certainly looks like something has been living in there.

Richie_B:
I was thinking the previous owner may have spilled something in there. The other side is pretty much spotless. I've put up a link to a video of the guts of the unit in my dodgy chorus post.

Harley Hexxe:
  I see some corrosion on a few connections there, I wonder if that might have anything to do with the shakey chorus operation?

What would be the best thing to use on a PCB to clean it?

rnolan:
There are some PCB cleaning products, MJMP may be able to recommend a good one.  If there's corrosion on any of the solder joins it's probably worth reflowing them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version