Miscellaneous > Rants & Raves

Could use advise

(1/3) > >>

vansinn:
Very briefly:
I have till Friday 2nd to locate a new place to live.
How the .... does one find an affordable place during tourist season..

It's more than just frustrating. After the exodus from the apartment, I was granted the legal early-heritage from the old lady, but she and her bank cleric wanted to manage me, so I would have to follow their idea of signing up to social benefits, and ask for the alotted money in chunks. They don't understand that social benefits in this country is actually a loan from state that can be demanded paid back, and also means signing on to being managed.

Also, my mom wouldn't let me stay long enough to resolve issues and finish arranging the right camber I actually had on my hands at that time. At half of the alotted money, I could've had a cash paid spacious LMC LX-570 camber on a full-year arrangement, prepaid for a full year, hooked up to electricity, water and outlet, and enough left over to handle my situation well into autumn, with my stuff collected, so I'd have clothes and the ability to sell my gear and look for job.
I basically had to flee her spacious apartment in panic and rent an expensive cabin on a camping site.

All of this also later prevented me from acting on deals on campers when the few useful ones were available.
I had to pay expensively for the transit cabin I've lived in for now three month, digging too deep into the finances to allow buying a camper by now, plus of course, all full-year slots are now gone.

I wash with a sponge, only have the same clothes I wear (got extra socks and underwear), have a fully f*cked up foot due to this continued stress, preventing me from walking distances, so likewise can't go job seeking.

I'm out of ideas. In a week, I'll be on the streets again, or live in a tent. No way I'll be able to land a job under these conditions.
I can't even empty the attic room with my remaining belongings to get them sold, and I can't keep it there anyways, so I'll likely have to rent a car, go empty the room and drive past the music stores to get it sold at whichever low price offered.  If even they'll buy it..
What's not sold that same day will simply be offloaded to the reuse center, instruments, gear, tools and all else.

I'm close to simply give up. Any ideas are welcome...

vansinn:
Yeah, I know it ain't easy to come up with useful comments on situations like mine.
Had to pay tourist price per night for another week; damned expensive.
So, still looking for room or apartment; maybe it'll be a teepee tent summer over..
You think the owner, after three month rent, would let me have a couple more weeks at same price? Nope.
I tried to explain my situation, and the answer was simply, "I just don't care."
Heartless, total lack of empathy, and merely about making cool cash off tourists and the unlucky.

MarshallJMP:
Van I'm really sorry to hear this. Some people are so ....

vansinn:
Dudes and dudettes, I know ya'll read my vendetta against inequality and mechanisms in society carried by people suffering from incurable social psychopathy.
Like I wrote, what the f... does one say to such things.
I just occasionally write these follow-ups partly to let ya'll know I'm still alive, and partly to get it off my chest.

I'm thinking of buying a warn-out car/truck in discreet faded colors, live in it summer over, park it at night somewhere not seen by police or parking "guards".
There are publicly accessible toilets on the beach, so I can dump the crap.
Cleaning my body can be done with a swim in the sea.
Foods can be partially mitigated using the technique of Sun-gazing (careful, read the instructions).
A single solar panel on the roof is enough to power my laptop; buying two panels might even be enough to run a low-power Bitcoin hashing machine - there's always the hashing lottery, you know...
Crash-in with the Sun, get up before first light, and I'll need just one LED light.

It's such practical survival suggestions I'm hunting for.
Comments?  C'mon, let you imagination run wild.. ;)

Peter H. Boer:
I cannot help you with any suggestions Van Sinn, I never been (nor had the need to be) a survival type.

I do know that I've had 2 families living in my street that needed to go into 'debt sanitizing' whioch, here in Holland, means you have someone control all your money for 3 years, after that the remaining debt is scrapped. It is hard but both failies surviced.
DOn't know the details what futher restrictions (outside there being no control over your own money, except for the pocket money you get) they had to live up to though.

Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version