Non ADA Gear > Basses

(accidental) NBD!!!

(1/3) > >>

Systematic Chaos:
Japan never fails to amaze me - on a daily basis!
While I was driving to work yesterday morning I passed a spot where someone had put out a pile of bulky waste. Not that unusual so far....amidst the pile I spotted an ABS hardcase that didin look too wasted....but wait a second, thereÅ› a headstock sticking out one end.
Out of pure curiosity I pulled over and gave it a closer inspection. Case looked solid, seemed to be a bass inside though.
Now since this was obviously trash meant to be picked up (in Japan you have to buy stickers you put on each piece of bulky waste in order to have it picked up) I loaded both case and innards in my car and drove off to work.
When I came home last night (with the annoyed looks of my wife.....) I opened the whole shebang up...
Inside the guitar hardcase was a "History" Precision Bass in rather poor cosmetic condition.
1hr of TLC later it turned out it was just some dust and gunk, nothing serious. Straight neck, almost zip fretwear, no corrosion, electronics looked like new under the hood.

Did some further research..... "History" is one of the higher end factory brands of the Fuji-gen inmstruments factory here in Japan. These basses have a price-tag of ~ 213.000JPY new (~2000US-$)....
I guess that IS a MAJOR score ;-) I love when a week starts off like this

Dante:
WHOAW!! That thing looks IMMACULATE!

Sweet score man! Now, go hurt your fingers with some strings on that thing ;)

BTW: lemme know if you find any old Electra guitars in the trash!

MarshallJMP:
And did the wife believe you "found" it  :D

Systematic Chaos:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on April 25, 2017, 08:38:59 AM ---And did the wife believe you "found" it  :D

--- End quote ---
Since I drop off my daughter at school on my way to work I have a trustworthy witness.

Systematic Chaos:

--- Quote from: Dante on April 25, 2017, 06:58:10 AM ---WHOAW!! That thing looks IMMACULATE!

Sweet score man! Now, go hurt your fingers with some strings on that thing ;)

BTW: lemme know if you find any old Electra guitars in the trash!

--- End quote ---

I'll defo keep an eagle eye on all piles of bulky waste from now on  8) 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version