Miscellaneous > Gigs - Live Talk

OMG, your Tone is amazing

<< < (5/5)

Dante:
This is probably why I have to bump my lows quite a bit. I turn them up pretty high...especially on the metal stuff. I think I have a clip on Faceb**k of that tone...I'll look around

rabidgerry:
On the clip i posted the bass on my MP1 is at zero.

Live, I find I have to dip the bass on it quite a bit.

Dante:
My bass is typically up around 8-10. If it's a Metal patch, it's at 12. I may even add more with the EQ in my GX-700. The mids are SCCOOOPED for the Metal stuff.

Here's a clip of my 1978 Ibanez CN200 on the Classic Rock patch (I think). This was our final song of our final show, a 12-hour rockfest of local bands. Our singer's mother is named Caroline and she attended every show, in her honor, we played Neil F**king Diamond

And, here's a clip of the Metal patch, with a very lightweight 2006 Ibanez SAS45 that I put a Seymour Duncan JB into. It was over 100ºF at this gig, we're dying here.

And finally, here's the clean tone from an Ibanez AS73, circa 2005, Chinese with a Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck, JB in the bridge.

All of these clips are the Classic, not the MP-2

rabidgerry:
No way, that middle clip was very entertaining.

Can't really hear what's going on there, but it sounded good.  That singer was great  :thumb-up:

Some day I shall play in 100ºF heat!

I could have had the chance this summer with a gig in Greece but as far as I know we aint going now  :(

It's weird that you scoop the mids and I boost mine lol  I just can't get it to work if I scoop them.  If i scoop them it's literally very subtle amount.  Made a difference actually cleaning up a Peavey Rockmaster I use.

rnolan:
Well yeah 100 deg F (37.7 C) is bloody hot, but try 45 C (113 deg F) under a piece of corrugated Iron  :facepalm: , no breeze, downed 6 schooners (15 fl oz) of beer, didn't go to the loo once, dripping with sweat... This is when I decided maple (lacquered) fingerboards were a bad idea... Ahh the Wagga Wagga Aussie Rules footy club bear garden... Note to self, sweat bands are useful LoL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version