Let's Get Technical > Power Amp Tech

My MT200 freaks out

<< < (2/5) > >>

Kim:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on February 24, 2017, 06:47:46 AM ---It happends on both channels?

--- End quote ---

Yes about the Volume Decrease and the Zap n Burps.

MarshallJMP:
Well the common factor could be the PSU so I would measure the voltages on the red connector  (the big one)

Harley Hexxe:

--- Quote from: rnolan on February 24, 2017, 05:43:15 AM ---Hey Harley, sorry, no idea  :dunno: , I've no knowledge of where Kim got it from. Solder joints get old, tired and vibrated, hence my suggestion...

--- End quote ---

That was one of my power amps that I donated to the cause when we were sending Kim the MP-2/MT200 rig back when he was having all the issues with the Classic. It was one of my best sounding ones at the time.

Harley 8)

Kim:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on February 24, 2017, 01:53:11 PM ---Well the common factor could be the PSU so I would measure the voltages on the red connector  (the big one)

--- End quote ---

K2 and K102?    The voltages there at both plugs check out good....but with 78v where it should be 65v.

MarshallJMP:
On the PSU schematics it says 75V, so should be okay.Maybe something in the input section.Maybe one of those 4053 ic's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version