ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

How long have you had your MP-1?

(1/6) > >>

DannyjoeCarter:
Well Folks I just wanted to take a poll out of curiosity and wanted you all to share how long you have had your MP-1? Let's see who has the oldest original unit  :D

As I have shared with you I have had so many problems with these older used units we bought but I'm certain they may be several on here that are still using the original MP-1 and never had an issue other than tubes - so please share!   :thumb-up:

MarshallJMP:
Well I bought mine new back in 91 and I own 7 mp-1's  now,also 4 mp-2's a mp-1 classic and 2 MB-1's.

Samuraipanda:
I bought my 1.38 version in the spring of '88. I was second owner and still use it today. I've had at least 10 different MP-1's and Mp-2s overt the years. Down to just 3 now. 1.38 stock (some maintenance mods), a 3.666 mod and a stock Mp-2.

I've never had a Classic or 3TM. Anyone want to trade?

Iperfungus:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on February 19, 2017, 02:35:24 PM ---Well I bought mine new back in 91 and I own 7 mp-1's  now,also 4 mp-2's a mp-1 classic and 2 MB-1's.

--- End quote ---

EPIC WIN!!!  :banana-dance:

I've mine since some months...
As MJMP said to me, from serial number it's one of the latest ADA produced.

My previous one, as you know, was an old 1.38...I think it was from 1988 or 1989...I bought it used from a friend.
But I remember it had something I didn't love too much in the gain structure...it was "weak" and I had to push OD1 and OD2 hard to get good tones...maybe I mid-scooped it too much, but I was younger and metal addicted!  :headbanger:
Aside from that, it was noisy a lot...maybe that unit had some issues, but Adadepot wasn't around yet!  :lol:
The one I own now it's better a lot!

DannyjoeCarter:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on February 19, 2017, 02:35:24 PM ---Well I bought mine new back in 91 and I own 7 mp-1's  now,also 4 mp-2's a mp-1 classic and 2 MB-1's.

--- End quote ---

OK you win MJMP - you are my hero  ;D

This is great news and shows why you put so much love and care into these things  :thumb-up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version