Non ADA Gear > Rack Gear

GMaj2 blown fuse

(1/8) > >>

rnolan:
Hey ADAers, Mikes GMaj2 has blown the fuse in its power supply, we pulled it (the fuse) out on Sunday at rehearsal  :facepalm: (crap TCs' are difficult to open up  :dunno: , you have to take off the jack mounting nuts... and have all the special screwdriver bits (ahh but I have a few of them  :whoohoo!: who said buying tools was stupid.. )), then he used my (MP-2) guitar rig  >:D , so it didn't spoil they afternoon... (I think Mike likes the MP-2 triggered Wah.. LoL).  So he put a new fuse in today, blew straight away  :facepalm: crap.... He's looking into sending it to the TC tech support in Sydney (it's well out of warranty so this could be expensive, IF they even know what they are doing.. I suspect they'll just farm it out  :dunno: , I could be wrong).
Anyway, any ideas guys ??
So it's where the jug (IEC) lead comes into the unit, there's a small transformer and circuit board, the blown fuse is next to the transformer.

MarshallJMP:
Does it have a switching PSU?

Iperfungus:
No...these units have internal power supply.

Looks like a short circuit somewhere...transformer maybe?

MarshallJMP:
Ok but it still can be a switching PSU,does it work on a wide range of input voltages?

Iperfungus:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on February 13, 2017, 04:00:07 AM ---Ok but it still can be a switching PSU,does it work on a wide range of input voltages?

--- End quote ---

Yes, you're right MJMP.
100-240 VAC - 50-60 Hz 15W

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version