ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Yet - more help guys.........................  (Read 13643 times)

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter

OK here we go again Folks..........

So fifth MP-1 arrives today; fire it up and it starts scrolling C 1, 2, 3, up to 128 then flashes Error 1, Error 2, Error 3, Error 4
then 2.00 then preset number 1 flashes to begin playing.  :facepalm:

So I program my favorite setting for the MP-1 and I will say it's incredible!!! Amazing tone, probably the best I have ever heard an MP-1 sound, like the roar of an amp, a Bogner or whatever you want so I'm digging the tone!!!

Shut it off and it doesn't remember the preset and everything is defaulted back to zero.  >:(
So I'm thinking dead battery? And what else would you guys say??

Help me out here because this has no screw wear at all and looks to have never been even rack mounted and no scratches all while having the roar of a lion!!!!!

What do you think guys?
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter

vansinn

Re: Yet - more help guys.........................
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

IMMSMR, these types of errors were fairly recently discussed. Try a search on "error 1" or one of the others, and think thou shalt findeth ;)

Man, you really have some unglück at the moment with those MP-1's..  quite out of the ordinary..
You need a Yoga Master and some meditation onto a projection towards an improved manifestation of a solid tube-driven future target :bow:
« Last Edit: Time Format by van Sinn »

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Battery empty

kawai2g4b

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Definitely the battery...mine is in the repair queue at the moment.
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey DjC, you got a good one  :whoohoo!: , you probably would have needed to do the battery anyway.  So just to prove it's definitely the battery (and it sure sounds like it), Turn it on, program 2 patches, change between them (all should be good and work fine).  Power off then on again, oops patches now lost... then definitely battery  :thumb-up: . I assume you are chatting with MJMP to remedy this ?  Again, unless the battery had been changed recently, you would have had to do this anyway.  From what you say re the sound, I'd keep those tubes  >:D , sure play around with some others but not all tubes blow you over like you've described.
The error messages are described in the manual, but it's usual IIRC for the preamp to do a full startup check (including file checksums (C1,2,3 etc)) when the power to the ram has been off/too low.  This also seems to happen when you remove the Z80 CPU and re-insert it. And also when you change EPROMS  :dunno: . This part of the MP-1 is just a computer after all.

BTW how's the boogie poweramp sounding ?? it should kick some but, they are not shabby amps.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

:banana-trip: :banana: :banana-dance: :whoohoo!:

MAGIC TONE FOLKS!!!!!!!

Man this has been a nightmare but now I have a Happy Ending to share with you guys!

SO I'm very handy with a soldering iron ( I own my own guitar company  ;D ) and after searching through the threads it really did seem like it was the battery. I'm 1 mile from Radio Shack and so I bought the battery receptacle and a 2032 battery and read Kim's PDF on replacing it. It took ten minutes - fired it up and did exactly what it did before with counting all 128 channels then showed the error messages. So I saved my favorite setting and powered down the unit. Powered it back up - MAGIC!! Preset saved - BLISS!  :banana-jazz-smiley-emoticon:

I want to thank all of you and I'm so grateful for this amazing forum for all the invaluable information you all have offered and shared on here, God bless you all!

Hey DjC, you got a good one  :whoohoo!: , you probably would have needed to do the battery anyway.
BTW how's the boogie poweramp sounding ?? it should kick some but, they are not shabby amps.

Richard one of the Boogie 2:50s is in but I haven't gotten to check it out yet. It came to my buddy's business and I was too wrapped up in my ADA battery issue to get over and grab it. So late tonight I will run that through it's paces. I ran my MP-1 into the return of a cheap Marshall clone head with JJ EL34s - and through that it's amazing!!!!

Now next step is I guess I have to rewire cabinets - all the Boogie stuff only has 8 and 4 ohm taps. So this is a work in progress  :D
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Hey DjC, excellent news  :thumb-up: :headbanger:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Very good news, man.

Now when you power it up no more scanning, no more error codes, just firmware version, ADA and then...PLAY IT LOUD?  :banana-rock:

I think that the best match for the ADA MP-1 is the power section of a Marshall head, mostly if you love some Nuno Bettencourt guitar tones!
On the run again!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

That's Karma

After four lemons, you got lemonade  :thumb-up:

Iperfungus

« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt............... :nono:

He has another lemon coming...  :lol:
On the run again!

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Awesome!  :banana:

It's been awhile, but I seem to remember something about having to Load Presets after the Battery Mod.  The Factory Presets will occupy 1-69 on the 2.00 version.  So if you need to do that, the Manual says:

"LOAD ALL 69 PRESETS:
1. Press the STORE button. lt will light.
2. Press the BANK button and while holding the BANK button down press the number 1 button.
3. The display will read "Presets Loaded" When the display returns to a program number, all 69 factory presets have, been restored.
"

Now Rock.   :headbanger:

Iperfungus

« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

It's been awhile, but I seem to remember something about having to Load Presets after the Battery Mod.  The Factory Presets will occupy 1-69 on the 2.00 version.  So if you need to do that, the Manual says:

"LOAD ALL 69 PRESETS:
2. Press the BANK button and while holding the BANK button down press the number 1 button.
3. The display will read "Presets Loaded" When the display returns to a program number, all 69 factory presets have, been restored.
"

Something I would always do after buying some used units like these!  :metal:
Factory reset rocks!  :banana-guitar:
On the run again!

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Now next step is I guess I have to rewire cabinets - all the Boogie stuff only has 8 and 4 ohm taps. So this is a work in progress  :D

If your cabs are 16ohms in theres no need to rewire anything. Use the 8ohms outs on the 2:50 into the 16ohms in in your cabs (e.g. a 4x12 that runs stereo with 16ohms per side) and you're golden.
8ohms out on the 2:50 to a 16ohms in on the cab is a "safe mismatch"  :thumb-up:

I ran a 3.1 MDRT MP-1 in a Boogie Fifty/Fifty (predecessor to your 2:50) for years that way... tonal bliss!!!
If you can get your hands on a 2:90 though....yummie! The added SimulClass "character" (2 6L6 in Class AB and 2 EL34 in ClassA  per side) plus Deep + Modern for Rhythms and Deep for leads....
« Last Edit: Time Format by Systematic Chaos »

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Thanks for all the support Folks!!
 Yeah this is the hottest MP-1 I have ever heard! And it does not appear to have any mods! And the mesa Boogie 2:50 is an incredible match for it! Here's something I want to share with you - since I got the MP-1 and the Mesa and just got them hooked up tonight I didn't have any preset ideas or even settings and the memory was wiped out on the MP-1 after I did the battery mod I got a completely clean slate and color pallet. I came up with my own patches, which is only three buts that's all I ever use anyway.

"LOAD ALL 69 PRESETS:
"

Thank you for that info Kim however I'm actually gonna leave everything blank and use my main presets I created - but that is good to know!  :D

Oh and another thing - this Mesa 2:50 is LOUD and will peel paint!!! :headbanger:
Now I just need to get my rack box  :thumb-up:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Cool enough!   :thumb-up: 

What speakers in that cab?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up