Non ADA Gear > Rack Gear

Twin Tube GFX-1

(1/30) > >>

AxeHarmony:
Twin Tube GFX-1  always wanted one as I had a GSP-21 back in the 80's.
my old gsp-21 foot controller works perfect with this unit...

i really think Digitech checked out the MP-1 before making this pre... ??? lots of similar parts and I basically did the same noise mod to it and some other obvious stuff ...  and quite an impressive pre, really - real fun to play with as it has a full array of effects, the flanger is awesome while the delay and reverbs need to be subtle ...

matbe some mods to this one ?  ... ...

Dante:
I bought one of those for a backup when my MP-2 was at a local shop, and used it with my ol' B200s. It was a very good preamp, but I remember it being a pain to program (something about scrolling through all the settings to get to save? - I can't remember specifically)

That said, if I see another one pop up on Criagslist, I'll probably grab it ;)

BTW: I sold mine to pay for my MP-1 Classic  :metal:

AxeHarmony:
neat how things come together, Dante did you notice how much cleaner this unit is than the ADA's ?? sure a little less organic sound than the ADA's but damn it's a clean low noise/hum compared to the ADA's  !!!

Dante:
Yes, I did. It's a very quiet unit on the dirty stuff fo sho.

However, as you state, the 'organic' feel of it left a bit to be desired in a live situation. Many of the gear I try sounds fantastic by itself, but the true test is the BAND. How does it fit in the mix? How does it cut through the mix (or not)? Those are the questions that determine actual functionality of gear.

That said, I love Love LOVE my MP-2. I have for years. The MP-1 Classic still cuts through better to my ears, but the MP-2 has a LOT more bells & whistles.

I like ringing bells and blowing whistles

sebastien:
i had one some months ago, i found it was "old date" sound, with nuch such gain as ADA mp1 or 2
but quite good preamp.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version