Let's Get Technical > All PREAMP Tech Tips & Support

Chorus issues.

(1/18) > >>

Richie_B:
Hey guys, Due to work I've been kept busy. Alrighty... a little while back I was having a few issues regarding drops in volume. I do think that's either the guitar lead or jack. The issue that is really bugging me is the chorus or lack there of.

I notice that on chorus patches it either sounds like it clips or there is no effect at all. An example would be 26 Sparkling Chorus where it just sounds completely clean. On 6 Clean with Compression is where it clips and distorts. There is no red light type clipping, it's just the wait it has been sounding.

I put new tubes in yesterday, the Mullard long plates which apart from what is going on right now sound good. Could it be the trimpot, I don't know. Hoping for a solution from the experts :)

Harley Hexxe:
Hey Richie,

Did you try plugging in your guitar cable into the other jack to see if it still drops the volume?

I don't believe the Chorus issue is with the trimpot, it sounds more like an op-amp, but I'm only guessing at it. MJMP might have a better idea where the issue could be.

Harley 8)

MarshallJMP:
Hey Richie, can you send me a soundclip?

Richie_B:
Hey Harley, The rear jack has never worked, I'll have a go at repairing it one day. MJMP, Ive attached a clip of the issue. Sorry about the quality, recorded it on my phone.

MarshallJMP:
The trimpot of the chorus bias should be set at around 11 o'clock, is that the case?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version