Non ADA Gear > Amps

How do I add an external speaker jack to my combo?

(1/3) > >>

Dante:
My lil' Marshall combo amp has no external speaker jack. But, I have an external speaker I'd love to use with it....oh, the dilemma!!

Can you guys steer me in the proper direction of how I get the speaker in the combo and the external speaker hooked up & running at the same time without damaging my amp? I'm thinking the result will give me a 4 ohm load, using two 8 ohm speakers. My concern is that they may not be loud enough, but who knows until we try?

Harley Hexxe:
  Do you have any idea what the nominal impedance is in the amp?

Kim:
Yeah, if it's rated for 8 ohms you don't want to show it 4 ohms with a Parallel wiring.    Wired in Series would show it 16 ohms though and live.

Dante:
I happen to have a schematic right here, which I cannot read :)

Marshall 5010 Master Lead Combo Schematic

4 ohms?

The cabinet I want to use with it is 8 ohms. Can I do this without a switch? Like a jack that knows when something is (or is not) connected?

MarshallJMP:
I just looked it up and it has (originally) a 4 ohm G12M70 celestion in it.So you can't add an extra speaker to it because and 8 and 4 ohm will result in a total impedance of 2.66 ohms which is too low.

But what you could do is add a jack input on the back and add a jack on the original speaker.This way you unplug the original speaker and plug another one in the marshall.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version