Non ADA Gear > Guitars

The Tremmory Floyd thingy

(1/2) > >>

vansinn:
Ola testing the Tremmory thing that seemingly makes Floyd keep a happy Rose.
Looks like it's working:

Kim:
I definitely want to look into that.  Both of my six string guitars are "floating" Floyds but a few years ago I installed this brass stop piece from FU-Tone in them to allow the bridge to only dive down.  Then I just tightened the springs so the bridge stays against the stop while bending strings.   But....I really miss the whole floating action so I want to check out the other options. :thumb-up:

rabidgerry:
The guy I that video is one annoying  arsehole.  Can't stand the guy.

However I am interested in anything that can improve locking trems.

Most of my guitars have licensed trems and I can get them to perform very well indeed after years of understanding them and learning their nuances.  Any new additions are welcome in the world of improvement though.  I love locking trems.

rnolan:
I get pretty good results using the Hipshot Trem Setter, it makes the trem action a little stiffer (but you get used to that very quickly).  Helps allot with bending and comes back to centre really well.  I put one in my Anderson and Tele (although doesn't lock as such).

rabidgerry:
I have seen so many varities of Hipshot Trem Setter type things but I have never needed one really and then there is the issue of no upward bending. 

I'm keen to know how this tremmery is different?

I don't like this guy in the video, but seems like a very capable player from videos I have watched before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version