Miscellaneous > Recording - Studio Talk

Load box to capture the amps speaker out tone and not use a speaker

(1/3) > >>

El Chiguete:
Ok so I think I have a good idea on how to run my rig but I now need a LOAD BOX so because I will probably be using the ADA GCS-3 (most of the time in my home I will be using the GCS-3 without the speaker simulation but when recording or playing live might be usefull) but it still needs to be connected to a speaker, so I need a load box to make it work. Any advise?

The idea of this combined setup is to run the direct post tube poweramp tone to a RJM Mini Line Mixer and combine it with stereo effects and then to a transparent poweramp and then to the speakers.

GuitarBuilder:
This is what the pros use:

http://www.palmer-germany.com/mi/en/PDI-03-Speaker-Simulator-with-Loadbox-16-Ohms-PDI03L16.htm

On the other hand, I wonder what it is you're trying to accomplish; if your signal chain end is stereo effects/power amp with speakers, you don't want to put another power amp/cab simulator/load box before that.  It's just going to be a huge mess.

Systematic Chaos:
Ever thought about the "Monstercab"?......µCab rebuilt to µCab II specs with internal speaker load.....
MJMP offers these on his homepage......

El Chiguete:

--- Quote from: GuitarBuilder on September 14, 2014, 12:24:05 PM ---On the other hand, I wonder what it is you're trying to accomplish; if your signal chain end is stereo effects/power amp with speakers, you don't want to put another power amp/cab simulator/load box before that.  It's just going to be a huge mess.

--- End quote ---

Thats why I only want to take the tone after the poweramp section of the amp and take it down to line level so I can then add effects and then send it to the clean poweramp and to the speakers, so no cab simulation would take place in a live. The ADA GCS-3 alloys me to do that and switch on or off the cab simulation... I still need to add a load to the amps poweramp so I will get something like this to do the trick http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-OHM-300W-Non-Inductive-High-Power-Resistor-300-Watts-/130696698614?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item1e6e215af6

El Chiguete:

--- Quote from: Systematic Chaos on September 14, 2014, 12:58:56 PM ---Ever thought about the "Monstercab"?......µCab rebuilt to µCab II specs with internal speaker load.....
MJMP offers these on his homepage......

--- End quote ---

If the Microcabs II had a Line Out jack with no speaker simulation I would get it ASAP but they dont.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version