ADA Preamps > ADA MP1 Channel

The Missing Element

<< < (2/3) > >>

rnolan:
Hey Harley, as you know I'm also quite attracted to the App-1/MP-1 ch idea, and small light easy is on  my mind, as I mull it over, it becomes what am I prepared to give up  :dunno: , is not maybe a MP-2 or MP-1 Classic/MultiFx in a 2 RU (as Dante has put together) a better option (but looming in ones mind.. the App-1/MP-1ch are (brand) new, and hey, I'm happy to support ADA, they helped make my whole guitar world awesome). You could also run the APP-1 and MP-1ch (either/and/plus/or) into a small desk, add Fx and really fill your glass... But then we get complicated again, well not so much for us, we like complicated  :facepalm: .
I recently got my Marshall 50 "serviced" and I got the tech to make one input jack direct to poweramp (well to the phase splitter tube) as MJMP does it (unfortunately I only have one Marshall  :'( ). Now this is where I'd plug in the APP-1 (if I had one) and I'd definitely want the MP-1ch in the loop but I'd want to add delay and Reverb to that, I recon this would sound really good, but not quite as good as my stereo rig.
With the MP-2 chorus at 0/100, it's much more noticeable (and flangey) with my stereo wired split stack (which I use allot  :facepalm: one cab mmm), with 2 separate cabs it's not so perceptible. Lately I've been playing through the Mesa P112s (12 + Horn, great cabs BTW  :thumb-up: ) and combining the MP-2 cab sim outs and main outs (via mixer + Fx) > B200s > P112s.  Running these rigs in stereo with good gear just sounds "shit" hot, hence my slight trepidation to go to a mono setup..

Harley Hexxe:
Richard,

It's only mono until I add the Digitizer 4 in the loop. That would give me the ADA chorus I like after the MP-1 Channel in the loop, with the additional output now for the 2nd audio channel. Run all of that into a MicrocabII, and into a desk...

Oops! the fly rig just grew another rack space  :lol:

Dante:
Your fly rig is bigger than my gig rig (that's what she said)

Harley Hexxe:
Pretty fly for a white guy :lol:

MarshallJMP:
So Harley do you like your digitizer?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version