ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trailer life: Gear considerations..  (Read 2522 times)

vansinn

Trailer life: Gear considerations..
« on: Time Format »

For the next 1-2 years I'll be living in a trailer/camper on a camping site - only way of making a financial comeback in this overly expensive country.
Which means, no 19" rig or amps.  Hehe, I could of course use a 19" rig as sofa table, vis'a'vis Kim's old saying, "sell the furniture, you can sit on amps" ;)

Now, I'm considering a modern pedalboard consisting of:
 BECOS TS8-MS MIDI Overdrive and Amp Channel Switcher
 TwoNotes Le Clean preamp (yes, it's got a tube in it!)
 TwoNotes Torpedo CAP amp/speaker/mic emulator
 Zoom ? effects pedal - forgot which model, will update..
 Lexicon Vortex - my usual delay machine, takes up little space behind the other stuff
 Boss MIDI controller with programmable loops

The TS8 is handy as a stand-alone solo booster, but can also be programmed to follow presets.
The Le Clean, coupled with the Torpedo, is enough for my future wanted distortions, as I'm changing towards more phat sustained cleans.
Which leaves this board setup missing compressor and sustainor.  I'll likely build those myself.
The Le Clean has provisions for hooking external gear to a programmable loop, and the Boss controller has programmable loops, so hooking compressor and sustainor shouldn't pose problems.
The Zoom will handle all effects and create stereo, feeding the Vortex for solo delays.

Any other ideas?

To understand why I'm likely choosing the Le Clean with the Torpedo, here's a good video showcasing the two:

« Last Edit: Time Format by van Sinn »

Samuraipanda

Re: Trailer life: Gear considerations..
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

I've been really enjoying my Mooer 5150 Pedal. Has cab sim built in, is super tiny but still has two channels and 3 band eq for each. $99 US.

Mooer also makes all in one options like the Red Truck (rock) and Black Truck (hard rock/metal) that have a ton of options, sim outs, midi, tuner and fit in a guitar case. You can save presets on it too.

Look up Brett Kingman on youtube and check his reviews. He reviews to DAW and through amps.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

+1 on the Mooer stuff, very tiny. I've been looking at a Boss MS3, which has some loops and a slew of on-board effects. They make a bigger model with 5 buttons too. I haven't heard one yet though...gotta get to the music store.

I figure it'd be a nice fly rig

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey brother,

just doing some calc on the things you mentioned:
- Becos TS     150€
- LeClean       300€
- C.A.B.         400€
- Zoom MS70 100€
- Boss MS-3   420€
                   1370€

You're in Fractal AX8 territory there. For half of that you could get an Atomic Amplifire.......just saying....

+1 on the Mooer Micro Preamps. I have both the 005 (5153) and the 017 (Cali MkIV) and in combination with a TC Dreamscape and a TC Nova Delay that covers a hell lot of ground with a minimum footprint and (used market) was cheaper than the Boss MS-3.

vansinn

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

@AllTheAbove..  this is of course why I started the discussion ;)
Yeah, my list will be too expensive.

Looking at the various stuff as we speak, erm, write..
Also had a look at the Zoom GX3 (wityh swell pedal); seems quite neat as a single all-in-one package

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey Van, here's a completely different approach:
Used digitech gsp1101 aprox. $150 US.
New Headrush Fr110 wedge $199 US or the fr112 (12 inch speaker wedge) $299 US.

2- 10 inch wedges and Gsp1101 $550 US. No power amp needed. Small foot print huge tone. I was looking at the 12 inch wedges for stage monitors. It looks very promising. Just my 2 cents.
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

I am kind of with soloist if the idea really is financial recovery. Or a similar price range Boss Katana.  It’s really good. If you just need for practice one of the Yamaha THRs

Those both sound seriously good and also feel good to play

vansinn

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Well, I've had the 1101, not exactly my cup'o'tea.
Using any kind of amps not possible - trailers aren't exactly soundproof, not can they be insulated well enough.

So far I've gotten hot on a Mooer Live Pre and Ocean reverb/delay/harmonizing/looper combination.
Could add my Lexicon Vortex for solo delays as usual.
We'll see..  I'll need to mod the camper interior and add extra insulation and some soundproofing before sound can happen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up