Non ADA Gear > Guitars

Les Paul from Jimmy Page Guitar Shop

(1/9) > >>

rnolan:
Played an amazing Les Paul this week apparently from Jimmy Page's guitar shop. So allegedly modded to exactly how he had his guitars done. I didn't plug it in so no idea about the PUs, but the neck was fantastic, none of those Gibson big shoulders that I don't like so more v shaped neck (my preference), really nice to play but $9k AUD 2nd hand.... drool

rnolan:
So xmas for me has come early, I bought it today, just finished setting it up with some new strings, finger board took a big drink, don't think it's been oiled in a while, and neck relief almost a full turn, only bottom E intonation out a bit and I lowered the action.  :whoohoo!: Only a bit over 800 of these made apparently. Phone photos are a bit crap, I'll take some better ones.

Soloist:
Well Merry Christmas to you!! That is one sharp looking Axe! :thumb-up: Which pups are in it?
 Ahh I can almost hear the John Sykes riffs oozing from it......... Enjoy it, she sure is a beauty.

rnolan:
Good question, I don't know what the PUs are yet, whatever Page used allegedly. The neck PU looks like my Gibson 57 re-issues which are in my SG. It's certainly not a new shiny chrome model as is tarnishing  (like the 57s), The bridge is 2 black coils with no cover. But I'll do some googling. Strange, I went to the shop just to get my free pack of DR strings (I buy them in box of 10, one in ten have the free set thing), but I'd been dreaming about the JPP since I played it. It was consignment from a guy who's collected allot of the really special guitars. Apparently he has cancer so is selling them, which helped me decide to buy it, also he dropped the price, though still allot of $$$s

Peter H. Boer:
Where is a drool smiley when you need one  ;D

Nice axe  :thumb-up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version