Non ADA Gear > Guitars

NGD! Schecter Banshee Extreme

(1/4) > >>

Dante:
Yo! I was selling a guitar I didn't play much and looking for a Floyd. Well, I found a guy that wanted to trade me and I got the Schecter Banshee Extreme. I put a new set of strings on her and was able to get that Floyd in tune VERY quickly...full floating, not blocked. Wha? That's a deal sealer right there.

The action is nice, I can probably get it a bit more silky by lowering the bridge a half a mm. I am still undecided about whether or not I'll keep the stock PUs. I'm picky (actually, snobby) about my pickups. These have enough meat, but I'm still listening for the clarity in the open chords and the clean tones in general. I only played her for about an hour with mostly loud rocking high gain crap, no cleans.

My inclination is to make this HSS into a Nashville Tele. It's a big block of wood with a bolt on neck, like a Tele... so I got that goin' for me. I am also thinking about making it a H/S and getting rid of the middle PU altogether (either get a new pickguard or put a dummy PU cover in the middle - maybe with LIGHTS!!  whoo hoo!!

http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/banshee-extreme/banshee-6-fr-extreme-charcoal-burst-detail

rnolan:
Hey Dante,, nice  :thumb-up: .  Maybe do a dummy coil in the middle to cancel noise from the neck PU  :dunno:

Dante:
I always liked the sound of a Lipstick PU in the Neck of a Tele - so, I wonder how one would sound in this thing.

I would like to pair that with a humbucker in the Bridge that can split without losing tone or volume...not sure if that's possible. I've always toyed with the idea of a small preamp tucked into the cavity to give the bridge single coil a bump when the PU is split....never tried it...yet

Played the guitar some more, unplugged (the true test) and it feels like an Ibanez RG...but a little more ergonomic, the points aren't as sharp, and it's a bit heavier. The Trem is really good. Like better than my real Floyd. It's stamped "Floyd Rose Special" which sounds pretty cheap, but hey...it's working really well.

rnolan:
Hey Dante, there's a bunch of options, with humbuckers I've gone with the series/parallel rout rather than split. When you change the impedance of a PU (as you do with either split or series/parallel) it will always change the tone and the output, parallel less than split as there are still 2 coils in parallel).

GuitarBuilder:
Awesome guitar!  HNGD!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version