ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3TM Mod vs Overdrive pedal up front.  (Read 10644 times)

Chamai

Re: 3TM Mod vs Overdrive pedal up front.
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Like RG says the voicing between the 2 will be different and the 3TM will have more gain in the end.In the 90's i also used a EQ pedal in front of my mp-1,downside was when you switched to clean you also had to switch off the pedal.Also it was quite noisy.Now i'm using a 3TM and a MP-2 for cleans,work for me.So in the end it all comes down to taste i guess.

Else have a look on YT,there are some videos of 3TM modded units.This way you can hear it and decide if it's your cup of tea or not.

its really hard to judge from youtube vids. as you know, the mp1 is not exactly the easiest amp to dial. i really gotta sit down with one for days haha. i really do wish i have the chance to play a 3tm some day.
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

I've posted some demos of my using my 3TM here

http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=1175.0

I'm not using it full on either.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Chamai

« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

thanks for the demo's

seems like the 3tm sounds a lot smoother than having od pedal. having a pedal up front gives more grit.

ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

thanks for the demo's

seems like the 3tm sounds a lot smoother than having od pedal. having a pedal up front gives more grit.

Well that's to do with the double tracking on those clips and also my choice of speaker impulse.  So if grit is your thing you coulkd get plenty of dirt and grit if you chose a different impulse micing the cab in a different way.

And as I said the double tracking smooths things out as well since the guitar is panned hard left and right.  Also I could have used a lot more gain and I didn't.  The feel of a 3tm I really good.  Really responsive.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up