ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: howdo you change the tubes in the micro 200 PA?  (Read 4171 times)

michaeldmuehe

How do you open the ADA Microtube 200 to change the tubes?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Not that I've had any direct experiance with a MT200, but generally, either take off (unscrew) the top or bottom cover, pull the tubes (you want to change), replace them with an equivalent tube (lots to choose from) and fire it up  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

michaeldmuehe

the thing is its I dont think it opens up like the MP1,  the top has no screws and when I take the bottom screws out, it dont open like i expected , so the i guess Im asking about how to get to the tubes in the firstplace lol. must be missing some screws lol.  I have the schematics but not the owners manual. This was my old drummers that was killed in a car accident 7 years ago bought it from his son for a 100 bucks. The thing sill cranks, well worth it! 

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento

Rnolan nailed it, you take off the bottom cover (if i remember correctly = IIRC) and the tubes (both of them) are accessible that way.

It's been a few years since I took mine apart, and my memory isn't what it used to be...hell it's half of that  :banana-rasta: but I believe in using every body part to it's full potential!!  :banana:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Dante, you've been away for a bit ? I'm assuming also it takes a pair of 12AX7s tubes to do the voltage gain and the mosfets do the open current (ala MT100).  I have spec sheets for the MT100 but not the MT200 but they are probably quite similar just more power output for the MT200.  Dante have you done any tube rolling on these to recommend some 12AX7s, I'm sure Mullards, JJs or TUNG-SOLs  would be fine (http://www.dougstubes.com/preamp-tubes/12ax7-ecc83-7025.html) although the role the tube plays in these is a little different to pre-amps as in you want them to be clean, quiet, non-microphonic and transparent as opposed to making killer gain/distortion.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento

Hey Dante, you've been away for a bit ?
Yeah, I was away for a week, then I needed to recover.

Right about those tubes - you want CLEAN, not gain. It's a power amp = make things loud. Not a Preamp = make things dirty :poop:

I do remember hating the GrooveTube 12ax7r2 tubes in that amp. I think I went with some JANs or TungSols...I'll know for sure when I get my amp back, it's at the doc. (the bridged mono is being fixed) You can ask Doug what he recommends, he's given me good advice in the past.
Pages: [1]   Go Up