ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing all the jack inputs  (Read 3811 times)

Dna^Yay

Changing all the jack inputs
« on: Time Format »

So I am changing the jack inputs, so far I have changed the front input and linked it up to the rear input so there is no more line input. As for the effects send and returns, ab outputs and headphone jacks I am not sure what to solder which tags too, currently using some switchcraft jacks but they only have 2 tags while the stock jacks have 4 mounted to the pcb.

Anyone who has changed the jacks to switchcraft jacks or any others have any documentation ?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Changing all the jack inputs
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

This may/would IMHO be an easier option (http://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/miscellaneous_parts_and_replacement_tubes.htm), seems MJMP has the parts you need...
The headphone jack needs to be T/R/S minimum as it's stereo, I imagine send return jacks probably need to be T/R switching (shorting) minimum so 3 tags as the loop is serial ???
MJMP will be able to tell you more I'm sure, personally, I'd go with the correct replacement jacks.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Dna^Yay

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

I already have gone out and bought a bunch of stereo jacks with the correct amount of tags on, only issue is that they are not like the stock ones. If MJMP would be able to tell me what each of the stock tags do im sure i can figure out the tags on the jack inputs i have bought and just wire them up to the pcb instead.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Mail me all the info you have so i can take a look.

Dna^Yay

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Have sent you an email MJMP
Pages: [1]   Go Up